New 1250, can "Multifunction Indicator Lights" be coded out ?

Hi guys,
New to your forum. We're investigating the possibility to configure these indicators with coding over at Hex.
I'm optimistic of at least a somewhat satisfactory solution through adjusting the brightness of the brake light. Any GS-911 owners that would like to join our beta?

I would be interested in that. Just have GS-911, but no Hex-can.

Try ,,. They are dangerous coz you can’t see them. ….. easy enough?

As I say, if you like them, enjoy them, no need to justify it, but especially if you are unable to do so.

My bike is too old to have MF indicators but my riding buddy has the latest and greatest (up until the 1300 was released!)

In my opinion (and you're all welcome to have your own (regardless of how wrong/mistaken)), the MF indicators are a retrograde step in safety.
I've read all the comments saying that it would be someone else's fault if you get twatted while indicating and braking etc. but I know that riding with mate, his intentions are less obvious because of the MF lights.

Empirically, the other riders intention is less obvious with the latest MF lights, I personally think they are stupid, as are the front amber lights, I believe that these could, a ta glance lead a driver on a side road to pull out, thinking the rider is indicating to turn.

I watched ridercam YT video and thought that rather than swapping out bits of wiring loom, it may be possible with a software tweak to flash alternatively the rear, red positional and the amber indicator, this may lead to an improvement in visibility.

Failing that, were I to be in the market for a factory order bike I would, without hesitation, order the simple amber indicators.

I saw a plug and play alternative called Weiser Wizard, you can check them out here -

Yeah, we know the guys from A Bike Thing. This product looks good and by the looks of what is possible on the OEM configuration side this will a more comprehensive option to those wanting to really dig deep.

Yeah, we know the guys from A Bike Thing. This product looks good and by the looks of what is possible on the OEM configuration side this will a more comprehensive option to those wanting to really dig deep.
If you can configure what those plug in boards do then count me in.
Mainly the rear light though is more important IMO as a fault with an indicator leaves you with no rear illumination at all.

If you can configure what those plug in boards do then count me in.
Mainly the rear light though is more important IMO as a fault with an indicator leaves you with no rear illumination at all.

Seems simple enough to enable the centre light to also function as a running light. Still doing ongoing testing on the multifunctions...

can you not register this as a fault with BMW and get it changed under warranty?

I raised it with dealer at the last service last month and they seemed to think you could - "but they'd need it for a few days"

Saves a lot of cash

I’m still not sure if its just an issue that really is a non-issue, I’m not getting into a heated disputed with a key board warrior who has wasted the cash and needs to justify their purchase but following a GSA the other day, I had no problem with what his/her intensions were and I have had no issues in 30 000 miles on one with the standard set up

i see no reports of accidents and the casue this lighting set up

i call bollocks, a manufactured problem to make cash and people have fallen for it

internet histeria - its on t'internet it must be true

I'm not a fan, but then again, i don't have them. My mate does and I have to say most of the time they're okay, good to show braking with all 3 lit, fine for running with the outer 2. When indicating, they're adequate, but brake and indicate and the indicators are really not going to stand out at anyone following...

If I had them, then I would do something about it, but I don't, so I won't ;-)

(Quite happy with the Denali B6 brake light just fitted for winter commutes)

The whole reason for an indicator blinking is to draw the eye, you’re more likely to see something that’s flashing than steady state. Incorporating the brake light so close is only ever going to reduce that effect.

I’ve not done many of any miles following anyone with this set up but I ride with long standing friends who mentioned the indicators are not obvious when breaking. They’re not GS owners so haven’t seen all the posts on here and various solutions so I take that to mean their opinion is based on what they see, (or don’t).

Personally I’d prefer it if the bike could be coded to function like the new product from A Bike Thing.
However, as the new GS has no centre tail light now and can’t be set up like that I think it’s very unlikely BMW are going to admit the system is not the greatest idea.

I have the full Weiser-tech kit of Indicators and am very pleased with the whole package including the white front riding lights in place of the original amber lights. But if Hex are able to code the Rear Stop Light to remain on at a lower intensity and then brighten up when Braking I am all for it and my GS911 is ready and waiting. Thanks.

But if Hex are able to code the Rear Stop Light to remain on at a lower intensity and then brighten up when Braking I am all for it and my GS911 is ready and waiting. Thanks.
It's currently in beta awaiting further tests on the whole rear setup for different hardware configurations. You can reach out to support if you'd like to join Beta testing and get early access.

i Wonder how BMW warranty is affected if electronics have been ‘upgraded’….ditto Insurance if std ‘safety features‘ have been altered. Whether they are perceived to be safety improvements will not come into it.

I have followed others with these indicators and agree they are difficult to see when indicator and brake both on….similarly on cars where indicators and embedded in lights, especially front. I can imagine it is a cheaper solution to have integrated units and that is the main reason .

I have the full Weiser-tech kit of Indicators and am very pleased with the whole package including the white front riding lights in place of the original amber lights. But if Hex are able to code the Rear Stop Light to remain on at a lower intensity and then brighten up when Braking I am all for it and my GS911 is ready and waiting. Thanks.
Hi John g
When you fitted the full weiser_tech wizards extreme version kit with new indicators did you have to use a hex ezcan or did you put them straight onto the battery. Cheers for your help.

Back
Top Bottom