Warm’n’Safe - USA

Very strange....because my Warm 'n Safe jacket liner has heating pads on the stomach. One on each side of the zip. And I get a very toasty tummy!

I didn’t say I’d bought the jacket.
I said I have the base layer/liner.
Did either of you bother reading all of what I wrote?
There is NO heated section covering the stomach area unlike the jacket version which has the full zip.

There is NO heated section covering the stomach area unlike the jacket version which has the full zip.

Now I am really confused as I have the baselayer and it kept my stomach well toasty and warm on the way back from the cold and wet North on Saturday!!!:D

I thought it did have a heating element across the stomach area, but I'm not certain on that so will now have to check when I am back home!

Just checked the website and lifted this from the specs!

I usually reckon my stomach is in my "lower front", but it has been known to be in my mouth when I ride like a twat ;)

Men's Heated-Neck Long Sleeve Heat Layer This version of the Heat Layer has 7 areas of heat. Heat covering the chest and lower front, heated arms, heated collar, heat in the upper back and the lower back. It also has connections at the end of the sleeves for gloves or glove liners.

Our Men's 12V Heat Layer Shirt numbers:
3.5 Amps
4.0 Ohms
48 Watts at 13.8V

There's the issue right there....the "jacket" is called a "jacket liner", whereas the "base layer" is called a....."heated layer". You used the term "liner" and thus the confusion...

There's the issue right there....the "jacket" is called a "jacket liner", whereas the "base layer" is called a....."heated layer". You used the term "liner" and thus the confusion...
I think you've nailed it. Exactly this. To me at least, the 'liner' is the 'jacket'...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've got the jacket and the base layer. All in all, I think the jacket has the advantage. The base layer, whilst not thick, is thicker than say a Merino 200. A light layer of some kind is need over the heater base layer, and then you can gt very toasty.

But, it's easy to take the jacket off, and the base layer does get smelly after a few rides whilst the jacket doesn't.

I have the heated jacket liner and it is excellent. But if I was to buy again, I would probably get the base layer just because it gets the heat even closer to your skin, so you run it at less power.

I used to wear a micro fleece under the jacket, but discovered I actually get better warmth if I wear a thin mesh long sleeve t-shirt under it. Something I would normally wear in hot weather - but it just works better and has less bulk. I never need the jacket above half power, no matter how cold it is.

I've got the jacket and the base layer. All in all, I think the jacket has the advantage. The base layer, whilst not thick, is thicker than say a Merino 200. A light layer of some kind is need over the heater base layer, and then you can gt very toasty.

But, it's easy to take the jacket off, and the base layer does get smelly after a few rides whilst the jacket doesn't.

Fair point. And I am happy to be converted as I already have the jacket liner. I've never needed to wash it, but I can see the potential sweaty stench issue with the base layer.

Just checked the website and lifted this from the specs!

I usually reckon my stomach is in my "lower front", but it has been known to be in my mouth when I ride like a twat ;)

Men's Heated-Neck Long Sleeve Heat Layer This version of the Heat Layer has 7 areas of heat. Heat covering the chest and lower front, heated arms, heated collar, heat in the upper back and the lower back. It also has connections at the end of the sleeves for gloves or glove liners.

Our Men's 12V Heat Layer Shirt numbers:
3.5 Amps
4.0 Ohms
48 Watts at 13.8V

I can categorically state that there is NO heating element anywhere below the sternum on the base layer unless they have updated it since March last year.
It is nothing other than the material used for the main construction.
Everywhere else including a couple areas that could be reconsidered but zero below the horizontal stitched section that ends about 2” below the short zip

I can categorically state that there is NO heating element anywhere below the sternum on the base layer unless they have updated it since March last year.
It is nothing other than the material used for the main construction.
Everywhere else including a couple areas that could be reconsidered but zero below the horizontal stitched section that ends about 2” below the short zip
Well, it'll be because of all those bellies. I mean, that area clearly needs a lot of streeeeeetch

Well, it'll be because of all those bellies. I mean, that area clearly needs a lot of streeeeeetch

Probably considering they are a yank manufacturer.
Suits the general demographic here as well in that respect unless you're of a normal build not the new normal.

Sorted for next winter.
A friend brought me a base layer and a dual remote controller over from the States, thereby avoiding the customs man.
I went for the base layer as the power draw is much less for my ancient Yamaha.
48w against 106w

Back
Top Bottom