How to clean gold anodised wheels?

I would thoroughly recommend having the bike ceramic coated by Autobrite Direct. It’s a 3 day job, so it’s done properly and if you call them and quote flipfly, they’ll do it for £300 for a 5 year coating. It’s the dogs bollocks pal and the wheels are an utter dream to clean afterwards.

I had both of our bikes done and still recon it’s the best money I’ve spent on a bike (I thoroughly dislike cleaning cars and bikes).

The whole process is a deep clean, paint correction and ceramic coating, it’s 2 guys on the job and they take huge pride in what they do. The sump guard comes off, numberplate, even the rear wheel mud flappy thing got ceramic coated on the inside to make it easier to clean.

There’s plenty that would consider it to be snake oil or just not worth it, but having had it done…..I’m more than happy that I took the plunge.

My new car will be getting coated when/if it arrives.

Did they ceramic coat all the calliper pistons?

No, but aren’t the bmw pistons already coated with something (they always used to be)

Well if they do have that’s excellent news. I’ve always been concerned about the damage salt can do and whilst I’m perfectly happy to clean a bike down, I’ve always been wary when the salt is down as I couldn’t keep removing and cleaning callipers properly after a salty ride.

i had this done by a pro, not the wipe on consumer stuff, i can confirm that just spray with something like the G3 or autoglym iron remover and rinse and it all comes right off.

All ceramic coatings are wipe on, wipe off. 2-stage prosumer coatings will match most professional offerings, though not all (and not the one I recommended for ease of use, but which will last 12 mths compared to a decent pro coating of 3 years). The key is prep and, for the more durable ceramic coatings, heat lamps. There are some products that are reserved for professional use only, partly about prestige but because they need more attention in the application.

Back
Top Bottom