New bike day! Yamaha S10 and why not!

I doubled up. Bought a Sargent seat and then did the flat seat mod to that as well. I added a rubber bung to the metal slot the seat goes into to stop it rattling. It's a bit of a push to get it on, but it's solid when in place (I have it on the low seat height setting as well).

I think ive found my perfect suspension setting. Damping soft and preload two up. Spot on!

Isn’t it strange, when the Super Tenere was launched, the great motorcycling media gave it a decidedly lukewarm reception, but owners loved it. The press continued to overlook it when it was updated in 2014 because it wasn’t all singing and dancing and then slowly, the tide turned with the journalists calling it “the exclusive adventure bike” and positively revelling in its abilities while owners already knew this and quietly carried on riding their S10s. Finally, Yamaha dropped it from their line-up as it failed to meet the latest Euro regulations. The result is the S10 is difficult to find in the pre-owned marketplace because owners, both old and new, are holding on to them, the initially unloved but now exclusive adventure bike.

Great bike, but keep an eye on the spoke tension, particularly the rear wheel.

bought one new in 2016, loved it, but sadly had to sell the following year :( ,, i do miss it and hope one day to have another, since then i have been tempted by more exotic stuff but i really do miss my old ST ,,
enjoy your new bike :thumb2

Attachments

• rsz_dscn3035.jpg
    rsz_dscn3035.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 158
Isn’t it strange, when the Super Tenere was launched, the great motorcycling media gave it a decidedly lukewarm reception, but owners loved it. The press continued to overlook it when it was updated in 2014 because it wasn’t all singing and dancing and then slowly, the tide turned with the journalists calling it “the exclusive adventure bike” and positively revelling in its abilities while owners already knew this and quietly carried on riding their S10s. Finally, Yamaha dropped it from their line-up as it failed to meet the latest Euro regulations. The result is the S10 is difficult to find in the pre-owned marketplace because owners, both old and new, are holding on to them, the initially unloved but now exclusive adventure bike.
How the market changes,back the end of 2019 (long before covid was a concern)I had the made the decision to down size to a T700.
Whilst waiting for my new steed to arrive I canvassed a couple dealers and basically nobody’s beating my door down to purchase.
I purchased new with massive discount and basically sold with big discounts.
Nice bike but I enjoy not having the weight to deal with.

Let us know if the pillion seat is an improvement. I've yet to take the other half out yet but I have no doubt whatsoever that she will give me feedback :p

Took the wife for a spin monday, didn’t go far, but enough for her to say the seat is def better now.

Seat mod done and much nicer now. Bought some cheap bar risers which was a complete disaster! One of the new longer bolts sheeted off as I was torquing them up! Trip to local garage to get it sorted.Took them 3 /2 hrs to get it out! Put up a fight! Anyway after that I gave tbe risers a .isd and in all honesty since doing the seat the bike feels much more comfortable.

Im considering the ECU flash as despite the Power Commander V its quick and torquey but very snatchy in S mode. Maybe the ECU flash will smooth it out.

Im considering the ECU flash as despite the Power Commander V its quick and torquey but very snatchy in S mode. Maybe the ECU flash will smooth it out.

Since mine was done I leave it in Sport mode all the time, well worth the time and money getting it done.

Seat mod done and much nicer now. Bought some cheap bar risers which was a complete disaster! One of the new longer bolts sheeted off as I was torquing them up! Trip to local garage to get it sorted.Took them 3 /2 hrs to get it out! Put up a fight! Anyway after that I gave tbe risers a .isd and in all honesty since doing the seat the bike feels much more comfortable.

My advice would be to balance the throttle bodies very carefully and adjust the throttle tension.

Worked for me and it went from being very difficult at best to more than acceptable. It's not super smooth but no real issue now and it's had the Wiz flash.

Finally managed to fix my Touratech seat. I’d repaired a broken post by removing the cover and foam, glueing the post with araldite then adding some plastic mesh and gripfill on the insed the strengthen the joint. Nice and solid now, but when I tried to staple the cover back on my stapler wouldn’t touch the hard base, not even with stainless staples. Having added some foam the cover was a bit short too.
So a visit to mate saw the cover sporting an expertly added extra strip of vinyl, and I’ve now been able to reattach it using pop rivets. Not the tidiest of jobs, but on the bike it looks fine. IMG_3296.jpeg
Also managed to find a matching pillion seat for the wife, although it’ll be a while before she gets to test it. She doesn’t come out much in the winter.
IMG_3297.jpeg
Off to Valencia next Wednesday for 10days, so it’ll get a good test.

Finally managed to fix my Touratech seat. I’d repaired a broken post by removing the cover and foam, glueing the post with araldite then adding some plastic mesh and gripfill on the insed the strengthen the joint. Nice and solid now, but when I tried to staple the cover back on my stapler wouldn’t touch the hard base, not even with stainless staples. Having added some foam the cover was a bit short too.
So a visit to mate saw the cover sporting an expertly added extra strip of vinyl, and I’ve now been able to reattach it using pop rivets. Not the tidiest of jobs, but on the bike it looks fine. View attachment 289496
Also managed to find a matching pillion seat for the wife, although it’ll be a while before she gets to test it. She doesn’t come out much in the winter.
View attachment 289497
Off to Valencia next Wednesday for 10days, so it’ll get a good test.
Hi, I'm only 5'9" with a short 30" inside leg and consequently find it difficult to get the feet down in a hurry (I've evn had a Lust Racing lowering kit fitted). I have done the lowering mod with short rubbers covering at least 4 of the points and the seat isn't secure, it wobbles, but I can live with that.
However, I find the stock seat rock hard and wondering if the Touratech seat is any softer, but not interested if it is taller. I couldn't get on with the GS's shame, finding them taller still.
And WHY do people say it carries the weight high? That I don't understand as once it's doing at least 1 mph, it feels like a moped to move around. Given, standing still, I have dropped it a couple of times, but that's me being a shortarse

I have a Touratech on my S10, it is much better than the stock seat but if you are looking for one, Touratech no longer make them but they were available in 3 seat heights, so look for a low one if you can find one. Also, check out Touratech stockists in Europe, they were selling them at greatly reduced prices, mine came from Italy.

Back
Top Bottom