R100 GS Headlight Carrier Help

GT3North

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In the midst of a restoration of an 89 R100gs and I am looking for a headlight carrier. I didn't think these would be so hard to find.
BMW# 63121244024

Any ideas where to find one?

HELP!!! :)

headlight.jpg
[/IMG]

I got one from my BMW dealer…… just quote the part number and see if the6 can help.
I got mine about 4-5 years ago, sent from Germany.

It’s amazing what is still available for the airheads from BMW …… I had tried all the other options: Moto ins, Motorworks, bmwbayer etc etc…… then gav3 my local dealer a call….. spares bloke tapped away at the computer and said it was available from BMW…. Was there two days later.

Good luck

I got one from my BMW dealer…… just quote the part number and see if the6 can help.
I got mine about 4-5 years ago, sent from Germany.

It’s amazing what is still available for the airheads from BMW …… I had tried all the other options: Moto ins, Motorworks, bmwbayer etc etc…… then gav3 my local dealer a call….. spares bloke tapped away at the computer and said it was available from BMW…. Was there two days later.

Good luck

I will try my dealer, but showing no longer available on line at the BMW stores parts system. :-(

Confirmed from my dealer... no longer available to order from BMW. So the search continues.

You might keep an eye on James Sherlock's site as they still break bikes.

I don't think there's one there at the moment, but it may be worth monitoring the situation. Or Ebay.

Or you could talk to Mikeyboy to see if he has anything in his shed.

Failing that Gary Burton at BAMW.co.uk may have something.

Thanks for the info guys. I will follow up with a couple of them. Fingers crossed!

I called them, they do not have it. Most on-line business like this list items for sale then order them from a dealer, that's the case with these guys.
Same as the seller on ebay from Latvia, they dont have the part, and cant get it.

I sent Gary Burton at BAMW.co.uk a note to see if he has one. I will try to contact Mikeyboy as well.
Siebenrock will have to start making reproductions :)

I called them, they do not have it. Most on-line business like this list items for sale then order them from a dealer, that's the case with these guys.
Same as the seller on ebay from Latvia, they dont have the part, and cant get it.

I sent Gary Burton at BAMW.co.uk a note to see if he has one. I will try to contact Mikeyboy as well.
Siebenrock will have to start making reproductions :)

I’m in need of one as well. I didn’t know they were no longer available until I read your post
:(

You could try RKMOTONET in Spain. I managed to get a seat lock from them. They said they hadn't got a key for it, but they managed to send a key that sometimes locks and unlocks it. Good enough for me considering how hard it is to find the locks.

https://rkmotonet.com/en/

Headlight R100/80 GS

Have one here with a defective reflector if you are stuck, Shipping & taxes payable by you. £100?

Have one here with a defective reflector if you are stuck, Shipping & taxes payable by you. £100?

It’s the headlight mounting bracket not the glass. If you have the bracket and the OP doesn’t want it, I’ll buy it :)

Still need the carrier (bracket) if you have one RPMDAKAR I’m game.

They have been breeding!

Take your pick. the one without a bulb is for RHD roads the other is LHD< The reflector on the H4 LHD one has some rusting but is salvageable. £100 each

Attachments

• 20221116_084230.jpg
    20221116_084230.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20221116_084328.jpg
    20221116_084328.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 92
Take your pick. the one without a bulb is for RHD roads the other is LHD< The reflector on the H4 LHD one has some rusting but is salvageable. £100 each

Please could I buy the one that the OP doesn’t want (he gets first dibs:))

YIPPIE... I will buy one :) Happy Happy I will take the one without the bulb.
I will send you a message with my details so we can organize this.

Thank you Thank You!!

Back
Top Bottom