Russia to Irish reg change

john_aero

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking at a vintage bike uo the countey that is currently on a Russian log book

What would way about going getting it registered here be?

Jaysus John, what ya buying now :p

I can't imagine it's any different to registering a vintage bike from the UK (or at least how it was pre-Brexit) - make an appoint with the NCT centre, rock up with the bike & paperwork and once you've paid the admin fee (used to be €30 IIRC) they'll give you a vintage reg
Then all you need is a vintage style (black & silver) reg plate

If you phone the NCT guys they're generally pretty helpful :thumb

I am looking at a vintage bike uo the countey that is currently on a Russian log book

What would way about going getting it registered here be?

If I were you John I would ring up your local tax office they would be able to tell you before you bit the bullet and paid for it. The office down here in Bantry could not be more helpful.

Depending on the mileage or age you have to pay VAT as well.
You have to pay the VRT, it's rather simple to calculate it, it is explained in detail on the revenue site.
Unless you have the knowledge how to create the Electronic Certificate of Conformity - eCOC and upload it to the revenue website, I wouldn't bother.
I saw that some people in IRL claim that they will create one for you at a cost.
Good luck with it. Cheers -Josey

PS @ richie, pity the XCo didn't make it to you.

It’s an old ural sidecar am thinking going looking at it

Only issue is log book is all in Russian so wonder would I need to have it translated?

Miles are plenty high so that covers me for vat

I’ll ring them next week it’s prob best idea and go from there

Only issue is log book is all in Russian so wonder would I need to have it translated?

I work with a russian. He might be able to translate it. I've just messaged him with the log book. I'll let you know if he gets back :D

AFAIK and experienced. The revenue want the e-COC, without one, how are you going to finish the online revenue process? they don't care for your translated book, or a letter from Mr Ural.
I had a original COC in EN from AJP, no one wants to know!

Use the Google Translate app on the phone and use it with the camera function.
It's like something out of Harry Potter.

Been ringing local office to get info on whats required. no reply yet.

I have never been asked for a COC for any bike I brought in. unless its changed in last 4 years since i last brought on in. Last time I heard a COC been requested was for an unregistered bike.

If a bike was previously registered in the EU the COC issue is likely addressed at initial registration & is therefore off the table. Not only is Russia not in the EU but it is deeply hostile to it - parallels with the UK there? :aidan

If a bike was previously registered in the EU the COC issue is likely addressed at initial registration & is therefore off the table. Not only is Russia not in the EU but it is deeply hostile to it - parallels with the UK there? :aidan

yep it may be a stretch too far to get it on Irish paperwork.

Hi John, as promised:

Model: MT-9

Year of production: 1972

Engine No. 73000

Sidecar: yes

Chassis No. 73000

Colour: Black

Motorcycle passport issued on the basis of a Certificate-invoice No.023528
17th April 1973 Store-23

Issued registration No. 20-06 мид

Owner's Surname: Ivanov

Name: Viktor

Patronymic: Makarovich

Owner's address: Minsk, Budennogo street, 18, flat 3

Traffic police chief: Department of Internal Affairs of the Minsk City Executive Committee

25th April 1972

Signature

AA No.061117

Back
Top Bottom