A noob with some helpful advice (maybe)

Neutron

Reaction score
Hello another GS noob.

Been biking for 20+ years everything from commuter to sports bikes and decided on something to tick all the boxes so to speak.

So picked up a 2015 r1200gs adventure with obscenely low mileage today and was a bit wary of the seat height, I'm 5'8" with a 30" inside leg, was a bit impulsive and have seen shorties say they can ride them so thought, screw it I'll go for it.

I have the seat set in its lowest position a set of the offset front seat mounts to give it a little extra drop and the suspension set to soft.

Rode around a bit and the first few stops in traffic felt a bit dodgy but i think this was more my nerves about dropping my new bike!

I can happily get both feet to the floor, toes and balls of feet 'just'.
If my right foot is on the peg and brake i can flat foot my left foot on floor with the bike having virtually no tilt to the left.

After a commute home I have to say i love it, best decision ever to get it.

So hopefully my first post will also be a little helpful to someone.

Welcome aboard. People knock em but still an awful lot of folk buy em! There's a reason for that.

Congratulations on your new steed. You've got yourself a great versatile bike that you'll appreciate even more as time passes.

I have to say in the short time I have had it, I feel like its the bike I should have bought years ago. Just roll on a bit better weather (more on the continent than here) so I can get on my travels

I got my first GS in 2016, I’m now on my second one and I can’t imagine I’ll ever ride anything else. They are simply the best all round bike. Like a lot of people with over 40 years of riding, I had a few different types of bikes, but I honestly wish I’d got a GS
20 or more years ago. My biggest misapprehension was I thought they’d be an efficient bike but not much fun to ride, and nothing
could be further from the truth, the colossal torque and easy handling make them an absolute blast to ride.

Back
Top Bottom