Bad experience with Motolegends and a Scott jacket

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Like many on here, I’ve been a fan of Motolegends for many years. I recently bought a Scott Ergo Pro jacket https://www.motolegends.com/motorcycle-accessories/scott-ergo-pro-dp-rain-jacket-yellow.html for £90. It’s been worn three or four times and functioned well. However, following a recent 20min ride down the A3 to Guildford on a naked BMW 9T, the jacket was covered in winters best grime. Despite washing the jacket as per the instructions, the material has become stained and won’t return to the original dirt free condition. There are no stains on my other gear or on the bike so it’s not as if I rode through an oil slick.

Motolegends won’t replace the jacket and say that it’s wear and tear. Needless to say, I am disappointed and surprised given my previous experience and their reputation. Avoid this jacket.

Post a picture. Have you sent it back or just had a flat refusal? Have you tried talking to Scott? The jacket is sold as waterproof and if it’s still waterproof it’s doing what it says on the tin. I’d love to see a picture of it. JJH

I'm surprised at Motolegends for being so dismissive, I've had good service off them in the past.

But road grime could be full of diesel or other nasty stuff which gets thrown up in bad weather which may have caused the staining.
Not teaching anyone to suck eggs here, but a black jacket for winter use with a cheap gilet jaune over it is probably a better solution.

Here's a cleaning suggestion that may work on your jacket. I've used it at home to shift an oil stain from my boot off a carpet. It also
worked on a red wine stain. Won't be without it in the cupboard.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289448120

It's the nature of the products - the breathable membrane means no biological detergents and washing no higher than 40C. Inevitably some contaminants will not come out of the garment. I've given up wearing anything other than black gear on the bike. If you need/want hi-viz then use cheaper products that can be worn over expensive gear and washed at higher temperatures in biological detergents.

I'm surprised at Motolegends for being so dismissive, I've had good service off them in the past.

But road grime could be full of diesel or other nasty stuff which gets thrown up in bad weather which may have caused the staining.
Not teaching anyone to suck eggs here, but a black jacket for winter use with a cheap gilet jaune over it is probably a better solution.

Here's a cleaning suggestion that may work on your jacket. I've used it at home to shift an oil stain from my boot off a carpet. It also
worked on a red wine stain. Won't be without it in the cupboard.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289448120

is that product safe to use on breathable membranes like this jacket has?

This is waterproof and hiviz. Do they make any claims about its cleanablity? JJH

I spent £300 on a £500 Klim goretex jacket....I cannot get it 'as new' clean. I just put it down to a mix of what has been stated above.....road grime, oil, pollutants and inability to wash it hot or with anything other than a product that is OK with goretex. I am happier that it is still waterproof rather than having it shiny new.

Entirely fair points about the jacket remaining waterproof and hi viz. I accept that and perhaps it’s my OCD. Just annoyed at what I see as the disconnect between my previous experience with Motolegends and this case. Pictures taken post wash. My 10yr old GS Rally jacket still looks as good as new despite many miles.
b149500ec8041b3e3ec3ecc5ae4e214a.jpeg

5073b2e2529220ff384ee64e428c3cdb.jpeg

b87c44c11d8d860e002bf83a42789d0c.jpeg

9d3272d584193039979703e36da1b9eb.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the kind of marks you see quite often on hiviz gear. Maybe try a bit of agitation with a nail brush or something like that. Not too hard though. JJH

Looks like the kind of marks you see quite often on hiviz gear. Maybe try a bit of agitation with a nail brush or something like that. Not too hard though. JJH

Second thoughts it might just rub it in more. If it was me I’d leave it alone. JJH

Nature of the beast really, my Scott and RST hi-viz jackets both look similar. I just wear the grime as a badge of pride.

You can't really blame Motolegends for not exchanging it for a new one because you got it dirty.

I have a pair of Underpants

Not just any underpants these are M&S underpants

I have had them a few months now and despite washing them a couple of times there are clearly skid marks in them and a slight piss stain that wont come out in the wash !

The Bastards at M&S will not replace them despite my claim that they should wash up and look like new afterward

Very disapointed

Wont use them again for future underpant purchase

From experience, no hi-viz yellow will stay clean, it just seems to attract the dirt.

I have had them a few months now and despite washing them a couple of times there are clearly skid marks in them and a slight piss stain that wont come out in the wash !

The Bastards at M&S will not replace them despite my claim that they should wash up and look like new afterward

Very disapointed

..........:postpics :D

Very disapointed

Wear a kilt, problem solved for the future. No charge :thumb

Clearly my fault. As a GSer, I should stick to riding purely to Starbucks rather than further afield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got one of these suits, Jeremy, HiViz top, black trousers, not worn it yet, but I've taken note of your experience and will only use it in clean rain!

Back
Top Bottom