V7 curious

neuroportal

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So in the market for something that just works and is relatively straightforward. A V7 caught my eye, a 2012 with 54k on the clock with one owner and the book stamp religiously from the same dealer who sold it originally. They are also selling this.

Never had a guzzi but read good things about them.

What should I ask about it, if anything?

I loved mine, the suspension is the weakness.

They are very small bikes though.

I will have another one at some point.

Not sure how good they are with that kind of mileage though.

I loved mine, the suspension is the weakness.

They are very small bikes though.

I will have another one at some point.

Not sure how good they are with that kind of mileage though.

The 850 V7 special are getting down the sub £7k now ,very tempting £1200-1500 to sort suspension

Never had one, but would love to own one, but being 6’3” they are tiny, even smaller than a Triumph Street Twin which I borrowed when I have had my Scrambler serviced.

When I see the V7 it’s the only time I wish I was smaller, great looking bike

I’ve had two as service bikes. Did 250 ish miles on each. The latest, with the newer 850 engine is much much better than the outgoing 750, it really suits the style and characteristics of the V7. Suspension is rubbish and it needs a decent exhaust to give it the sort of sound it also deserves. For me at 6’3”its waaay to small plus I ride with a pillion a lot and it’s not really suited for that. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my two days with each bike.

Not sure what all this 'small bike' thing is re the Guzzi V7 850. I've ridden both of the below which have
almost the same vital statistics and the T120 is by no means known as a small bike. Perhaps so, if you're
stepping off an adventure bike.
BTW, I found the V7 850 a great bike and is on my short list for my next purchase.

Triumph T120..........Moto Guzzi V7 850

Seat height..31".......30.7"
Wheel Base 57"........57.6"
Length.........87.8".....86"
Height.........43".........43.7"

Some recent threads on the V7 850...

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...50-Mk3-and-V7-850?highlight=Moto+Guzzi+V7+850

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...50-special-Any-tales-to-tell?highlight=V7+850

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/560278-V7-850-Stone-test-ride?highlight=V7+850

Who is this Lemon Drizzle Gang, why haven't I heard of them before when they are literally 10 mins away?

Who is this Lemon Drizzle Gang, why haven't I heard of them before when they are literally 10 mins away?

I post on here all the time where are you based I am in Northop

In fact I am just off to film a piece on a Fat Boy Grey Ghost we tested last week for Bretton Mcs

I post on here all the time where are you based I am in Northop

In fact I am just off to film a piece on a Fat Boy Grey Ghost we tested last week for Bretton Mcs

You recently posted on here about filming the new Gold Star 650. Just wondering if you ever got round to it?

You recently posted on here about filming the new Gold Star 650. Just wondering if you ever got round to it?

Yes we have started on that we will actually be doing the filming week after next - we didnt really want to take the bikes out on salty grimy roads as you dont get a decent impression

We also have the V100 Guzzi to do in the next few weeks also a load of classics

look out next week for the Grey Ghost Fatboy video - awesome bike

Attachments

• IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 101
Yes we have started on that we will actually be doing the filming week after next - we didnt really want to take the bikes out on salty grimy roads as you dont get a decent impression

We also have the V100 Guzzi to do in the next few weeks also a load of classics

look out next week for the Grey Ghost Fatboy video - awesome bike

Thanks, looking forward to it.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom