A reorganisation is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
Following the apparent success of the reorganisation of the travel section, we plan on having a similar restructure of the Camping Equipment section.

At the moment, posts and threads pile on top of each other, making it difficult to find what is current from what is old, along with advice on tents being muddled into posts on chairs and what food to take. This we will endeavour to make easier. Similarly, posts older than say five to 10 years will probably be deleted, not least as the information they contained is probably now irrelevant or out-of-date.

Richard

Good idea, especially for tents (and tarps) given how many threads there are. Then sleeping bags and mats, stoves, furniture, other (solar, cooling, titanium spoons, knives, etc).

But you'll be way ahead of me.

Thank you.

The proposed sub-sections are:

Tents and tarps

Stoves and all cooking / eating paraphernalia including fire

Food

Clothing and footwear

Sleeping mats, camp beds, cots and hammocks

Sleeping bags and liners

Chairs

Rucksacks, day sacks, stuff sacks etc

Power to the people

Miscellaneous (lights, tent pegs, how to tie a knot, tools, compass etc etc)

Thank you.

I am sat in the pub, moving the posts on my iPhone.

It’s OK providing you don’t get distracted by reading how to pack a 1250 GS or now to keep a sleep mat dry on the same bike. Some things are apparently very hard.

Leave something in the corner long enough and someone will always offer to hang it up. Eventually. Thanks Wapping

Delete anything over five years old, the chances of it being relevant are slim, some, possibly many of the posters are long gone.

Thanks for the time spent on tidying i5 up.

Will there be a section devoted to "Brews" and the age old dilemma of how to start a camp fire with the use of pubic hair and a hot exhaust downpipe..

Will there be a section devoted to "Brews" and the age old dilemma of how to start a camp fire with the use of pubic hair and a hot exhaust downpipe..

Brew and scran, in a bivy with a hedgehog in a pocket. There are no limits.

If it’s possible to make something complicated and do it the hardest way possible, it’s living in a tent which has been carried on a motorbike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom