DWA warning on dash - help needed

If I may throw in a suggestion to OP:

Read carefully all the posts from @Ian J Hartley, and ignore the other posts. The remaining discussion in here is not related to the DWALO and later DWA warning. :aidan

If I may throw in a suggestion to OP:

Read carefully all the posts from @Ian J Hartley, and ignore the other posts. The remaining discussion in here is not related to the DWALO and later DWA warning. :aidan
I'd like to think mine was helpful as well.

As said above. Replaced the batteries in mine years ago when I had dwa on the dash on my 06 GSA. A bit fiddly to get to the module under the panel under the rear seat with all the pannier rails on the GSA. Got there in the end and has been fine since
.funnily enough I started a thread 4 years ago yesterday when mine needed doing.
https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/501535-DWALO-ON-DASH

I'd like to think mine was helpful as well.

It certainly was. :thumb2

However, a few unrelated posts from well intentioned posters sent this tread off down a rabbit hole and probably sent the original poster running for the hills…..:(

So far there has been no feedback from the original poster, so we have no way of knowing whether we were helpful or not and he managed to complete this relatively simple task…:nenau

thanks all. when the weather improves i will have a go at replacing the batteries

Last edited:
Well, that was a spectacular fail. I could not get the rear rack off in order to get to the box thing that contains the batteries

The two "vertical" bolts (see red arrows, they are accessed by taking the light off) would not undo. They just turned and turned and did not undo, and it's not possible to access the nuts that the bolts screw into, as these are inside the plastic of the rack

1.jpg

No need to remove all the rear rack etc. the rear inner srction of mudguard unscrews, 6 torq headed m4 bolts hold it in place, the alarm etc is attached to the inside of the inner mudguard panels

can someone provide a picture of what bolts i need to undo to get to this alarm battery box?

update

(it's an RT, not a GS) the rear rack has to come off. see here

looks like these two bolts have nuts that are embedded in the plastic rack, which can seize and strip out the plastic, hence you cannot undo the bolt

bmw_r1200rt_2013_90yr-edition_06_screws_to_remove_rack.jpg

someone else has the same issue...

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 11.57.51.png

Back
Top Bottom