K1600 B brake calipers

sutty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am I being picky or is this normal rusty nuts spoil the image after cleaning,do I get bmw to look at them as still under warranty or does anyone know how to get them clean,or can the caliper nuts be replaced.let the piss taking begin.dont know how to sort the pictures the right way that's annoying.

Attachments

• 20230226_123545.jpg
    20230226_123545.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20230226_123509.jpg
    20230226_123509.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 124
Bolts can easily be removed cleaned and treated with protective ACF50, XCP Anti-Rust ect….Take care not to get any of these products onto your brake discs.
This guy is thorough…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtTxFgw3eQ&t=265s

However, your caliper mounting bracket is starting to bubble with corrosion….
You could rub down and carefully touch-up, i.e. something like a smooth satin black Hammerite,
or ….
You could approach your dealer and they may/may not be cooperative…. This is dependent on a number of factors, but not limited to… age of bike, did you buy the bike new from them etc etc.
Dealer may enquire into how well you look after the bike…routine washing, cleaning, storage etc. Not sure if Warranty would cover it. Some dealers are more cooperative than others.
I’m sure others on here will be along to advise on how to approach your dealer with regard to corrosion issues under warranty.

wow he is good,bike not bought from the dealer i am going to but have bought plenty from them.

Sadly I'd say you don't have much chance of getting any thing out of your dealer or BMW as I've seen worse on Motorrad Dealer forecourts with For Sale signs on them :blast

funny you should say that as i was at williams manchester today and like you say around that area they do look worse for wear thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom