New member -Dundee Biker

Dundee Biker

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks George for the intro'. This is my first computer forum so please forgive my inexperience. I hope all is well and you are all either already for the road or like me, trying to get your bike ready for the season. unfortunately my brake failure warning lights are flashing and after George kindly hooked my bike up to his GS911 and laptop, we discovered a fault saying the pressure in the rear wheel system is high with a reading of 128bar when we think it should be about 16bar. The fault is present and the laptop couldnt clear it. The bike is an R1200GS 2006 if anyone has any ideas. I will search around this site to see what other lads are saying, thanks for reading!

Hi DB, I'm just 1/2 an hour down the road in Fife. I'm not sure who George is. I take it you're resisting taking it to John Clark's...?

2006 - is it an ABS bike? If so, it's probably the ABS pump. It's a notorious failure. The solutions are to remove the ABS from the bike, replace the pump or have it repaired.

If you focus your search on ABS pump failure, I suspect you'll find lots of posts.

Back
Top Bottom