2024 Vstrom 800 RE

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A new touring variant of the excellent new 800 announced

3df5b65b90c53ce472e3ff02b9cc2d0a.jpg

It’s £1000 cheaper than the DE and cures the DE’s main gripe of a shite screen as RE’s is taller and wider

19e53cd02a8a4475de550534a85b760b.jpg

Should be a cracking bike at only £9699.

Waaay under BM’s new twin line up. Probably still cheaper than the outgoing F750GS AND nicer looking. Suzuki certainly seem to have regained their mojo after a period of slow development .

I'd have that over a newer BMW with enough change left over for another bike or a good few European bike tours and for a full luggage set and farkles like rad protectors and hand guards. Finish and styling look bang on. Terrific vfm.

Very nice indeed! I am looking to down-size from my XT1200Z and this could be just what I’m looking for.

Being a Suzuki at least you're almost guaranteed a bombproof motor.

I hope it's nicer to ride than the old 650 V-Strom. I rented one for a day in June while my son was on my GS. I didn't like it very much at all.

It’s £1000 cheaper than the DE and cures the DE’s main gripe of a shite screen as RE’s is taller and wider

My main gripes on the DE were inner tube spoke wheels and no cruise. I like this one has tubeless 19/17 but still no cruise which is odd for an all new 2024 tourer.

I like that, but absence of cruise control would be a deal breaker for me.

I hope it's nicer to ride than the old 650 V-Strom. I rented one for a day in June while my son was on my GS. I didn't like it very much at all.
I got to ride one on a day out with Ride magazine years back. It was Emmas test bike, bloody aweful thing. Wheezy, vibey and horrendous seat. But I wouldn’t mind trying this new one, but unlikely it’d replace my Tenere

I got to ride one on a day out with Ride magazine years back. It was Emmas test bike, bloody aweful thing. Wheezy, vibey and horrendous seat. But I wouldn’t mind trying this new one, but unlikely it’d replace my Tenere

It’s a stunning motor . Much more poke than a wheezy CP2 motor .

I like that, but absence of cruise control would be a deal breaker for me.
I guess something has to give for under £10k, but yes, my main reason for buying my S10 was to get a bike with cruise. My right wrist, broken at Snetterton years back, gets painfull on long days out. Cruise helps and lets me flex the wrist to ease the pain.

Similar reason for me, in 2005 I had a big, non-bike related accident which resulted in me losing my right thumb although in the 5 years following I had a lot of reconstructive surgery, so I can cope with a day out on the bike, but for big distance, cruise control is my saviour.

Cruise is certainly an omission but can always fit an Atlas throttle lock. Better than nothing

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

I really do like that new VStrom. It seems remarkable vfm and whilst still a fairly basic bike, sounds like they've refined most areas and improved it. If I didn't already have the 650 in the garage, I'd place an order for the RE to sit alongside my RS.

I really do like that new VStrom. It seems remarkable vfm and whilst still a fairly basic bike, sounds like they've refined most areas and improved it. If I didn't already have the 650 in the garage, I'd place an order for the RE to sit alongside my RS.

It’s a great engine . Not on paper but just ace when you ride one . Cruise would have been the icing on the cake .

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Back
Top Bottom