5 Series Horn

JoeMair

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a definitive part number for the 5 series horn that fits a 2021 R1250 GS TE.

I bought one from Ebay that was listed as % series E34 E39 but the plug was wrong.

Many thanks in advance

Don't buy eBay BMW horns because they are cheap copy and have nothing to do with BMW. I know that because I've done the same mistake. After that I installed Soundbomb Mini and it worked for less then a year.
Now I have real Series 5 horn pair.
To do that, you need to purchase two horns with two different part numbers. That is because they have different tone. If you purchase just one, the sound will be dull.
Then, to use both horns, you can't just simply connect them into the existing connector (by splitting the harness to two horns) because ECU will notice the overload and shut down your horns untill next ignition restart. Again, it happened to me. You need to connect them to the battery through a relay, using horn harness only to trigger the relay. The other way is through EzCan (the way I've done it).
So, purchase the horns on junkyard (a lot of them on eBay) from someone that is breaking Series 5. They usually come with connectors because breakers simply cut the harness instead of unplugging it.

Parts numbers are:
Low 61337279782
High 61337279781

My bike is 2021 GS.

I'd recommend a Denali soundbomb with the compressor. You can fit it either via the battery or HezCan, for a easy pro fit you'll need the brackets. All easily available from Denali. When done with the latter you can programme it so as the standard horn is kept. It is set on a delay so yo yo can draw attention to others, without giving granny a heart attack! I've had one on many of my previous/other bikes, two of which have been in use for 8 years plus no issues whatsoever.

I have a genuine ex e39 5 series horn on mine. I bought it over eBay from a scrapper and it has the correct plug and is a very simple fit. Easy enough to orient it so that the horn doesn't fill with water. There's a high and a low tone, but I can't imagine trying to fit both a low and high tone in the space available. Not sure why you'd need to though - I have just the low and it sounds like a truck!

As I have both, I installed one on one side (where OEM horn is installed) and the other one on the opposite side. Just made a little bracket for it.

I fitted one from a scrapper - genuine afaik - and it too failed, despite being in a position where it should have self drained. I put the original back on. It’s actually quite loud if you’re not wearing a lid.

I do have EZcan now, so might fit something more dramatic at some point.

Back
Top Bottom