Akrapovic Titanium Headers

The Euro 3 Akra baffles come out with an Allen key. :nenau

Euro 4 you’ll need to drill them out. ;)

Yep, they were spot welded. But I soon drilled the weld spot off, and out came the hex bolts and baffles.

I've now got that FULL FAT sound. Enjoy :D

No squeaky flapper valve either.. :bow

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WMqCjob7fnU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some pics....

Attachments

• 20191028_141238.jpg
    20191028_141238.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 20191028_141245.jpg
    20191028_141245.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 20191028_141256.jpg
    20191028_141256.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 20191028_141303.jpg
    20191028_141303.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 181
... Just that silver plastic rear luggage rack now to get removed.

The Storm Black Gloss Metallic one is still at the painters. Been delayed :blast

Can't wait to get it fitted just to finish off the bike :augie

Yes, Euro 3 can with the twin entry pipes. Does it pop and spit flame on the overrun like mine? Tractors also has an interesting tale about that on his K1300R that involves a policewoman in an X5 and a fire engine.

Attachments

• 46492105_1928780980545986_6542828010494492672_n.jpeg
    46492105_1928780980545986_6542828010494492672_n.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 335
Yes, Euro 3 can with the twin entry pipes. Does it pop and spit flame on the overrun like mine? Tractors also has an interesting tale about that on his K1300R that involves a policewoman in an X5 and a fire engine.

Don't know, I've not actually taken it out yet.

I'm guessing it will spit flames then, as there's no cat, no flapper and no baffles.

Great it's Nov 5 soon, so it'll fit right in :D

... Just that silver plastic rear luggage rack now to get removed.

The Storm Black Gloss Metallic one is still at the painters. Been delayed :blast

Can't wait to get it fitted just to finish off the bike :augie

She looks and sounds good there fella. How do you find that rear pack? Is it Kriega? Assume it’s a strap it down and pull to tighten rather than anything more funky? I’ve got the US20 but would love something a bit quicker to snap in and release, just can’t seem to find anything that fits the bill.

She looks and sounds good there fella. How do you find that rear pack? Is it Kriega? Assume it’s a strap it down and pull to tighten rather than anything more funky? I’ve got the US20 but would love something a bit quicker to snap in and release, just can’t seem to find anything that fits the bill.

Yep, its a Kriega OS-18 bag on top of a Cymarc Pillion Cover plate. I use them on my Africa Twin as well. Very rugged.

Just strap down and buckle closed. No security.

I just keep waterproofs, fleeces, and essentials like puncture kit, airman pump, stuff like that.

It's mainly there for me to store and remove layers or put layers on depending on weather.

Yep, its a Kriega OS-18 bag on top of a Cymarc Pillion Cover plate. I use them on my Africa Twin as well. Very rugged.

I just keep waterproofs, fleeces, and essentials like puncture kit, airman pump, stuff like that.

It's mainly there for me to store and remove layers or put layers on depending on weather.

Cool. Similar to how I use the US20. I know they’re functional and make sense, but I just can’t stand the look of a solid top box. Sorry to everyone who use them, my personal view......

Cool. Similar to how I use the US20. I know they’re functional and make sense, but I just can’t stand the look of a solid top box. Sorry to everyone who use them, my personal view......

I do have Givi top boxes and side panniers... but they're heavy, and a nuisance to clean. So only use them for touring.

I'd rather cover the pillion seat and keep any extra weight central.

Plus one for the kriega option , top boxes not for me unless touring with the wife:thumb:thumb

Plus one for the kriega option , top boxes not for me unless touring with the wife:thumb:thumb

Yeah, but how do you keep your sandwiches secure on days out, without one?

Yeah, but how do you keep your sandwiches secure on days out, without one?
BMW large tank bag.
I've never been a bike tart, so the look doesn't bother me. I have been using tank bags for 25years now.
Mine lives on the bike, I only take it off to wash the bike. It's done 50,000mls now still waterproof.
Getting on and off the ferries, Mway tolls etc, all those fiddle things with bits of paper just pop it in the bag.
As an extra, for me the bulk of the bag fills some of the void between rider and screen reducing air turbulance.

Went out for a ride this afternoon and decided to put the DB Killers back in.

It's just to loud without them, and not in a nice way. Like a car without an exhaust back box when you give it wide open throttle, in my opinion. Sounds shit.

Del, don't bother mate, keep it as it is.

So I decided to put the baffles in and a quick ride around the block revealed that it keeps it low down rumble, but is a bit more civilised at town speeds.

Didn't get a change to give it full throttle up yet, so will have to do that another day.

But DB Killers are needed when on a full system.

Went out for a ride this afternoon and decided to put the DB Killers back in.

It's just to loud without them, and not in a nice way. Like a car without an exhaust back box when you give it wide open throttle, in my opinion. Sounds shit.

Del, don't bother mate, keep it as it is.

So I decided to put the baffles in and a quick ride around the block revealed that it keeps it low down rumble, but is a bit more civilised at town speeds.

Didn't get a change to give it full throttle up yet, so will have to do that another day.

But DB Killers are needed when on a full system.

Fair enough comment. Just wonder what if any difference there would be with the standard headers and CAT in situ. Been looking at Titanium headers but at over 1k i think they will have to wait for quite a while. Need to save my pennies for IOM next June.

They won't give an average rider any benefit other than looking cool ans sounding nice.

I had the full system on my last bike.

I looked cool as fuck.

Fair enough comment. Just wonder what if any difference there would be with the standard headers and CAT in situ. Been looking at Titanium headers but at over 1k i think they will have to wait for quite a while. Need to save my pennies for IOM next June.

I did the opposite, standard can, cat free headers, was the perfect balance for me, big more go and enough sound.

Back
Top Bottom