Announced: New connected ride navigator

smudger64

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looks like bmw have finally ditched garmin and released this

Says you can control your smartphone via the wonderwheel. So sounds like Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto but not Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto?

If so I wonder if you can control other third party apps like tomtom or google maps? If so maybe worth moving from my current SP wireless charging iPhone mount, back to the bmw cradle.

Maybe best of all worlds?

Maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like bmw have finally ditched garmin and released this

Says you can control your smartphone via the wonderwheel. So sounds like Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto but not Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto?

If so I wonder if you can control other third party apps like tomtom or google maps? If so maybe worth moving from my current SP wireless charging iPhone mount, back to the bmw cradle.

Maybe best of all worlds?

Maybe?

First question might be how much I need to add to the mortgage to buy one🤣 followed by does it work with MyRoute App🤔

Really hope that BM don't now stop or cripple development of the existing Connected app & cradle to try and force people to get the new Navigator thingy. I expect the new Navigator will cost a whole lot more than the Connected cradle and an old phone.

However this could cause the price of the existing cradle to drop a bit so a plus for some.

I think new 900GSA too

Sent from my backyard

I wish they would give us a device that will fit the cradle and just have Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto, integrated into the wonder wheel controls, (like my CarPlay does in my car). They should just stop trying to compete with far bigger and better navigation apps.

Whilst it’s impossible to tell, there is of course a strong
I wish they would give us a device that will fit the cradle and just have Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto, integrated into the wonder wheel controls, (like my CarPlay does in my car). They should just stop trying to compete with far bigger and better navigation apps.

For whatever reasons, BMW are backing their in-house ‘Connected’ navigation system.

Everything but the price on show, notice they are not calling it Navigator 7 or VII to separate it a bit from the Nav6 chain. Look like another Garmin with a USB port on the side to me!

It does look remarkably like a Garmin unit, with the Garmin maps / navigation system stripped out of it.

So it moves the functions from your big TFT screen to a smaller one and greys them out

That’s gotta be worth 600 quid (y)
Or buy the cheaper Chinese version for £100+? Probably the same but with the BMW logo?

why they don't just make a TFT with Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto built in I've no idea.
then there is no need for additional devices.

looks neater and is less off a theft issue

come on BMW its bloody 2023 not 1993

The new BMW Motorrad ConntectedRide Navigator....​

New release...

I think this new Nav shows us the new GS wont be getting Apple carplay which i think is a bit of a shame.

Back
Top Bottom