Any clue which is "the best" no win no fee for motorcyclists?

stickywicket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Was knocked off my bike in Spain last year and airlifted to hospital. Thankfully all ok but bike written off. The insurance I had did not include legal protection or additional equipment like helmet, satnav etc. The insurance company have recommended that I claim for this via no win/ no fee.
I have cam footage of the accident which clearly shows they did not indicate. Without going into details of the accident, has anyone had any "decent" experience with a no fee basis company?
Is there such a thing as a "better" one?

Very possibly you’ll need a Spanish lawyer or, one from here at home, used to Spanish law.

Assuming that is, it was a Spaniard who spanked you off?

Has the third party settled the damage to your bike and / or any physical injuries you suffered, assuming that is they admitted liability?

Very possibly you’ll need a Spanish lawyer or, one from here at home, used to Spanish law.

Assuming that is, it was a Spaniard who spanked you off?

Has the third party settled the damage to your bike and / or any physical injuries you suffered, assuming that is they admitted liability?
No they havent. My insurance company paid out but they are progressing their claim against her insurance ( she was Spanish) My insurance told me that the Spanish (and many other countries) have agents in countries so for example they are dealing with Zurich in UK who are dealing on behalf of the Spanish insurance company.

Just to add, I have cam footage, photos of damaged equipment, photos of injurys and an ongoing diary of treatment. Im not a fan of claiming against injury that hasnt had an ongoing affect on me but the gear and luggage etc quickly adds up to a few thousand pounds

Also, from the experience of a relative, you’ll be lucky to get a no win no fee lawyer unless your injuries were considerable, which I think means 6 figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they havent. My insurance company paid out but they are progressing their claim against her insurance ( she was Spanish) My insurance told me that the Spanish (and many other countries) have agents in countries so for example they are dealing with Zurich in UK who are dealing on behalf of the Spanish insurance company.

So, it’s your insurer who is perusing a recovery of their payout against the Spanish wench’s insurer, onto which you wish to attach your uninsured losses.

It is quite possible that Zurich are the Spanish wench’s motor insurer in Spain. It would though be unusual, though not entirely impossible, that Zurich are acting simply as some sort of intermediary only. There again, it’s a huge company, so they might have a division that does it. Have you ever had any correspondence with Zurich?

Why not give White Dalton a call? If nothing else, after a year, something should have happened. But hey, at least you have been paid for your written-off bike, even if it was your own insurer that coughed up.

———

Beaten to White Dalton, I see.

Last edited:
A side note for something potentially down the line to keep in mind.

If your insurance company trys fobbing you off to claim off your insurance instead of chasing the other persons then please make sure you go to the Financial Ombudsman (keep emails etc) as I got a very nice pay out because my insurance (Hastings direct at the time) just clearly didn't want to bother with chasing a French citizen (who completely owned up and wasn't fighting the claim after knocking my bike over in France). It almost doubled the money I got as the FO found them in breach of contract (ie fully comp insured).

Back
Top Bottom