BeMoto / LV experience

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My bike, insured via BeMoto, was nicked overnight 15th December. Spoke with their 24hr helpline 0600 that day and gave the Police reference number.

Two days later I received the crime number so forwarded it to BeMoto. Save for an automated email from 4th dimension the same day I received no further communication. Phoned BeMoto on the 29th for an update to be told they were waiting for the crime number from me…no biggie, gave it again and said I hoped comms would be better now the Christmas period was over. BeMoto advised everything was now in the hands of the underwriters, LV.

That afternoon I was called by the LV assessor. A good and reasonable conversation / debate followed with both of us researching the internet for similar bikes and advertised values. A reasonable price was agreed.

Two days later, Saturday, a cheque for the full amount arrived in my letterbox. Uploaded via my banking app to my account and it’s now all sorted.

Other than the small miscommunication at the outset I’m very happy with the process. I know I’ll be stiffed come renewal but it’s good to know I received a service I hoped for when taking out the cover.

In future, I will check who the underwriters for a policy are. My experience with Zurich/AXA/LV have all been positive over the years with regard to efficiency and process.

My bike, insured via BeMoto, was nicked overnight 15th December. Spoke with their 24hr helpline 0600 that day and gave the Police reference number.

Two days later I received the crime number so forwarded it to BeMoto. Save for an automated email from 4th dimension the same day I received no further communication. Phoned BeMoto on the 29th for an update to be told they were waiting for the crime number from me…no biggie, gave it again and said I hoped comms would be better now the Christmas period was over. BeMoto advised everything was now in the hands of the underwriters, LV.

That afternoon I was called by the LV assessor. A good and reasonable conversation / debate followed with both of us researching the internet for similar bikes and advertised values. A reasonable price was agreed.

Two days later, Saturday, a cheque for the full amount arrived in my letterbox. Uploaded via my banking app to my account and it’s now all sorted.

Other than the small miscommunication at the outset I’m very happy with the process. I know I’ll be stiffed come renewal but it’s good to know I received a service I hoped for when taking out the cover.

In future, I will check who the underwriters for a policy are. My experience with Zurich/AXA/LV have all been positive over the years with regard to efficiency and process.
Why did you get an automated e-mail from 4th Dimension?

Had the Police found your bike?

glad to hear you found common ground so easily with the loss adjuster - always found the breed to be reasonable once you get past the drones following flow charts on screens

as for renewal, now they have paid out for a total loss, isn't your policy settled meaning you will have to take out a new policy for the next bike from day 1? Rather than being covered on the new bike until the renewal date for the original policy.

i understood LV had left the m/cycle insurance market 3 years ago.

glad to hear you found common ground so easily with the loss adjuster - always found the breed to be reasonable once you get past the drones following flow charts on screens

as for renewal, now they have paid out for a total loss, isn't your policy settled meaning you will have to take out a new policy for the next bike from day 1? Rather than being covered on the new bike until the renewal date for the original policy.
Had a message to say the bike will be removed from the policy, however there’s another bike on there too. Will have to check in the morning with them

How odd.
i was with LV for years, had to go elsewhere when they told me no longer taking on motorcycle business, back in 2021 I think.

the policy will say Highway which is owned by LV= so you are both right ... but only sold via a broker not direct

Think it’s an automated process in the event it’s recovered and they will handle the claim. TBH I’m happier I’ve been paid out rather than get it back
Interesting , will query that on renewal as no f#cking way will I give business to any company that deals with the shysters at 4th Dimension

Interesting , will query that on renewal as no f#cking way will I give business to any company that deals with the shysters at 4th Dimension

Then you might well find yourself with less choice of insurers. But, hey-ho, it’s a free world.

Then you might well find yourself with less choice of insurers. But, hey-ho, it’s a free world.
Two mates ripped off by them ,inc one fighting over a £6000 bike hire charge that the other parties insurer refused to pay ( broken rear mudguard and light cluster on an xjr1300 that ended up in a 4 month wait for repairs and a £8000 bill ) and then last year a member of this site who had a minor bump on his r1250gsa involving another r1250gsa which ended up with what should have been at most a £1500 to £2000 claim yet resulted in both bikes being off the road for over 3 months and a final bill of £15,500.
At the end of the day legally neither your insurer nor your broker can force you to use 4th Dimension and although they may try to use bully boy tactics ie quoting delays if you do not you can refuse to involve 4th Dimension.
I checked the legality a few years back when still with C N and it was noted on my account that 4th Dimension were not to be involved in the event of a claim.

Back
Top Bottom