BMW extended warranty

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I picked up a 2020 310GS last weekend… the warranty expires at the end of June…

Ive registered the change with BMW uk , and I may explore extending it when the time comes..

Has anyone had a quote for extending the 310’s warranty?

Im assuming there are different prices for different bikes :nenau

https://www.motorrad-warranty.co.uk/Start will give you a quote, but possibly not until closer to the end of June

You could try getting a random, older G310 reg. no from an ad on Autotrader to generate a quote. I've done this before to get insurance quotes when considering a bike...

I have the extended warranty on our Mini, due to its adaptive suspension and complex electronics; and our X3 due to it being a 6 Cyl Diesel and electronic towbar etc. If I still had my big GS with electronic suspension, TFT dash, keyless, SOS button etc then I would warranty that. But a 310? I had a 2020 model and it is so simple and bullet proof that I would not bother. The Gen 1 machines have tricky clutches but that wouldn't be covered anyway.

Thanks for the replies both :thumb2

Wessie, the link simply asked me to ring customer services at the moment :)

I can see the point being quite simple… and I’m not going to be doing much mileage on it anyway … (it’s only got 1500 miles on it so far )

Thanks for the replies both :thumb2

Wessie, the link simply asked me to ring customer services at the moment :)

I can see the point being quite simple… and I’m not going to be doing much mileage on it anyway … (it’s only got 1500 miles on it so far )

the warranty people will write or email you when you are closer to the end of the factory warranty. Start making a list of any annoyances that might be covered and book it in now for an end of warranty inspection. Many dealers do this free as they get some work out of it. I had a slightly notchy switch on the left cluster and as it was a known fault on the R series, Cotswold acknowledged the defect and fitted a new one for me at the next service, which was a month after the warranty expired.

the warranty people will write or email you when you are closer to the end of the factory warranty. Start making a list of any annoyances that might be covered and book it in now for an end of warranty inspection. Many dealers do this free as they get some work out of it. I had a slightly notchy switch on the left cluster and as it was a known fault on the R series, Cotswold acknowledged the defect and fitted a new one for me at the next service, which was a month after the warranty expired.

I’ll do that :thumb the previous owner had it serviced in February ( not sure it needed it) and it had a ‘health check’ by Pidcocks…. Nothing I can think of re annoyances yet but I’ve only done about 25 miles on it so far :)

I would imagine if it been back to Pidcocks they will have done the recall work( unless the design on later models was changed from the factory ) but it might be worth asking.

Brake calipers were changed due to excessive corrosion occurring. Also I seem to remember they changed the Cush Drive rubbers on mine. It was a 2018 model.

check the water pump as its a common problem !

I would imagine if it been back to Pidcocks they will have done the recall work( unless the design on later models was changed from the factory ) but it might be worth asking.

Brake calipers were changed due to excessive corrosion occurring. Also I seem to remember they changed the Cush Drive rubbers on mine. It was a 2018 model.

I’d guess they have indeed done any recalls….:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom