Buggered old geezer does France...

A quiet journey until the last hour, when every Belgian there ever was had decided to come and enjoy the little lanes round Spa in the sun, in their car, on their Moto, on their peddly bike and on their pieds. V busy!

A quiet journey until the last hour, when every Belgian there ever was had decided to come and enjoy the little lanes round Spa in the sun, in their car, on their Moto, on their peddly bike and on their pieds. V busy!
They heard you were coming?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What a fab report to read on a Sunday afternoon !

As ever pictures of my tea....the hotel is associated with a restaurant 2 mins down the street, right in the 'hub' of spa.20230716_204605.jpg

A real petrol heads paradise this place, exotic and expensive machinery with both both 2 and 4 wheels. Usual knobs on 2 wheels demonstrating their skills going up the High Street as noisily as possible..

And even a statue of Micky in his youth...View attachment 273655
..... and this is a statue of Gerard not so long ago :D

i-5FPJDVT-L.jpg

:beerjug:

A good breakfast. Not a bad hotel this....room was a bit small, but perfectly adequate...could have spent more and got a bigger one I suppose, not like me to go for the cheap option.....the hotel is in pole position( :D ) for the town, but the downside is we just aren't used to traffic, being poor retired yokels, so it was noisier than we are used to...but is a lovely place nonetheless.
After an excellent brek, head north towards Europes rectum.
Just one big traffic circulation.....or at least until Eindhoven where a huge prang closed the motorway....luckily for us, the south bound....proper job, helicopter ambo parked on the road, firies busy cutting folk out, grisly...and even more grisly was the horrendous traffic issues as a result....going to take hours to clear.
That's always my big worry when heading for the ferry on busy roads....one big hiccup like that and the jobs fukt.
However, just the normal tailback on our side caused by rubberneckers, once we were past, it was just the normal busy roads into Ijmuiden in plenty of time.Couple of hefty showers which I guess will have caught Doc on the way to Rotterdam... :D

Last edited:
A good breakfast. Not a bad hotel this....room was a bit small, but perfectly adequate...could have spent more and got a bigger one I suppose, not like me to go for the cheap option.....the hotel is in pole position( :D ) for the town, but the downside is we just aren't used to traffic, being poor retired yokels, so it was noisier than we are used to...but is a lovely place nonetheless.
After an excellent brek, head north towards Europes rectum.
Just one big traffic circulation.....or at least until Eindhoven where a huge prang closed the motorway....luckily for us, the south bound....proper job, helicopter ambo parked on the road, firies busy cutting folk out, grisly...and even more grisly was the horrendous traffic issues as a result....going to take hours to clear.
That's always my big worry when heading for the ferry on busy roads....one big hiccup like that and the jobs fukt.
However, just the normal tailback on our side caused by rubberneckers, once we were past, it was just the normal busy roads into Ijmuiden in plenty of time.Couple of hefty showers which I guess will have caught Doc on the way to Rotterdam... :D
Wasn't to bad Gerard. Waterproofs for last 50 miles but nothing bad.
And now Jayne is saying s road trip might be nice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom