Castellane, Gorges du Verdon loop

Was there last week, in a hire car though.

I read somewhere they are a kind of vulture.... Fookin big whatever they are..

Nice photie of the big bird. You were in a car? Was it busy? Seemed to be an inordinate amount of tourists round this early this year. Not sure if it's cos it's been crap in Northern Europe, but definitely busier than usual.

Rob

Like a previous post camped at top end of gorge with kids two years ago, walk into Castalane for food/beer/wine vital. But also find time to have a go at the white water rafting, wasn't extreme but great way to meet to fab people.
Agree, boys loved the rafting. Loads of places in Castellane do it, along with kayaks, those floating board things etc. Great fun while there's still plenty water in the rivers..

Re-reading some of your reports with a view to heading down your way next year and thought the name of this Col was familiar to me

IMG2011-XL.jpg

So I looked back through my old pics and found this;

199870102_Trs4P-L.jpg

Taken on our way down to Corsica in 07, we met you, El Bob and Shenzi on our return trip :thumb2

Roll on Summer 2013 :D

Brings back some great memories. I was there a couple of years ago, must do it again sometime......

Attachments

• 60834_1596535156341_1324832740_31629537_2935516_n.jpg
    60834_1596535156341_1324832740_31629537_2935516_n.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 173
Re-reading some of your reports with a view to heading down your way next year and thought the name of this Col was familiar to me

Roll on Summer 2013 :D

2007?? Man time flies. So, when are you coming down? Definitely got to meet up then :) As long as it's not the last weekend in July as we'll be off to see "The Wall" concert in Padova.

Rob

2007?? Man time flies. So, when are you coming down? Definitely got to meet up then :) As long as it's not the last weekend in July as we'll be off to see "The Wall" concert in Padova.

Rob

Hoping to tag on with the rest of them too :)

Rob

Hi Rob, it won't be late July-probably too hot for pasty U.K. types then, we're looking at either late May/early June or early September, will let you know and arrange a meet/ride/beer etc. :beerjug:
The loose plan at the moment is to head for Annecy or close by and stop for a couple of nights and bag some Cols by day, then move Westwards for another stopover for a couple of nights and bag some more Cols by day and repeat, possibly ending up at Santander or Bilbao for the long boat ride home to Blighty, if possible/practical take in a little bit of the French Pyrenees, in particular the Tourmalet which has eluded us twice in recent trips, (3rd time lucky?).
Will keep in touch and look forward to meeting up :thumb2
Steve.

Looking forward to some of this :drool

http://youtu.be/10K8WOgxaKQ

Excellent, I'll definitely hook up with all and sundry when yer doon here. Looking forward to seeing some old faces and meeting a few new ones :D

Happy Christmas to y'all.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom