CONTOUR HD 1080p Cameras for sale at LOW prices & FREE Shipping

Dont waste your time with bike mounts, movies taken with any camera attached to the bike will be eyeball shattering. I helmet or body mount is the only way to get a good smooth result.:D

Dont waste your time with bike mounts, movies taken with any camera attached to the bike will be eyeball shattering. I helmet or body mount is the only way to get a good smooth result.:D

My vid doesn't agree with you, I am using a ram mount as shown in this thread on the crash bars And they are stable and very detailed no vibration or shake.

Have to agree, been testing (as I seem to be doing all the time)..mounted views on & below my engine bars. One of my camera continues to annoyingly stop recording & goes weird over not excessively large bumps. The videos that have worked do look good but its all a gamble.

Helmet mounted always work much better. :thumb2

My vid doesn't agree with you, I am using a ram mount as shown in this thread on the crash bars And they are stable and very detailed no vibration or shake.

Hi Norm, show us a link for ram mounts please.

Likewise. No problem on the handlebars/crashbars with the camera on the ram mount

Ok, I'll qualify my own statement. Nearly all of the videos that I have taken, with my camera mounted on a RAM mount, either behind the screen or attached to the RHS crash bar, have been offroading videos. They are not pleasant to watch, with far too much vibration. Helmets,or chest mounts, smooth everything up. I haven't done many tarmac movies, but what about engine tickover, isn't that a bit rough for a camera :nenau

After dipping my toe in the helmetcam pond with an Oregon ATC3K I'm now looking for something with a higher quality.

This looks the ticket. :thumb2

Can anyone tell me how do you attach the camera to your helmet as my previous efforts have been from the front mudguard or the crashbars & produced mucho vibration.

it comes with a sticky mount

but I would say the Hero HD Camera has a better helmet mount as the mount is curved which means it sticks better to the crash helmet which is also curved. Or they do a chest mount which you can wear on the front or facing backwards it good to swap it around as much as possible to get the extra shots.

the contour comes with a clip for googles, which is good but can you use googles? with your helmet?

I also used stuff called black tack it's a production strength blue tack... it's alright but has issues as well.

hope that's of some use...

the other question about mounts we've tested it with the standard length ram arm and the vibration is awful, even with the camera set to 60P, the only thing I was able to do was to use motion stabilisation software to reduce camera shake...

In the end I we changed to the shorter arm which appears to have helped reduce camera shake.

Back
Top Bottom