EZcan and GS-911 Software Updates

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If you own the above just be aware there has been a software update for both of the devices

I can tell you the EZcan has had the option to not turn on any accessories until the engine has started (and once engine off to auto turn off after 5s) which is very useFULL!!

I haven't looked at whats new in the GS-911 software though so if you have had a look then please let us know

Last edited:
I can see the ezcan update, but the GS-911 website is saying Dec 23 for the last update

If you own the above just be aware there has been a software update for both of the devices

I can tell you the EZcan has had the option to not turn on any accessories until the engine has started (and once engine off to auto turn off after 5s) which is very useFULL!!

I haven't looked at whats new in the GS-911 software though so if you have had a look then please let us know
The ability to turn accessories on before the engine starts , oddly enough is handy (if you have a lithium battery in cold conditions) - will provide the warm up that you dont get with accessories that are not started until the engine is running.

I can see the ezcan update, but the GS-911 website is saying Dec 23 for the last update
Just to be clear it was via the software program you initially open before opening the web based application that connects to the bike.

I was also on Mac and not windows so that is potentially why I saw an update

Just to be clear it was via the software program you initially open before opening the web based application that connects to the bike.

I was also on Mac and not windows so that is potentially why I saw an update
I haven't plugged in the GS since they announced the introduction of the change to a subscription model for the unlimited version ( i already have a Pro licence)

I haven't plugged in the GS since they announced the introduction of the change to a subscription model for the unlimited version ( i already have a Pro licence)

The new subscription model does not affect professional devices. It is only for new enthusiast devices who want/need more VIN slots or new service functions are enabled which are only available through the subscription model/services.

I ALREADY HAVE A GS-911 WIFI WITH A PROFESSIONAL LICENSE, DO I NEED PROUNLIMITED?​

No, a GS-911 WiFi device enabled with a Pro license provides unlimited VINs permanently. A ProUnlimited subscription may need to be considered in the future when new and additional Pro level functionality is added to ProUnlimited.

The new subscription model does not affect professional devices. It is only for new enthusiast devices who want/need more VIN slots or new service functions are enabled which are only available through the subscription model/services.

I ALREADY HAVE A GS-911 WIFI WITH A PROFESSIONAL LICENSE, DO I NEED PROUNLIMITED?​

No, a GS-911 WiFi device enabled with a Pro license provides unlimited VINs permanently. A ProUnlimited subscription may need to be considered in the future when new and additional Pro level functionality is added to ProUnlimited.

A ProUnlimited subscription may need to be considered in the future when new and additional Pro level functionality is added to ProUnlimited.

When did you ever find that may , goes in your favour ;)

You may get prosecuted for a speeding offence ....

Just been bitten for a lifetime licence for some software, which is now no longer available ... so not best pleased (not hex i may add)

If they were to revoke what you already have/own they sold you a product which doesn't exist - fairly sure there are consumer laws that prevent it from happening.

The new range is Enthusiast only and the subscription uplifts it to unlimited VINS & and extras only available with the pro-unlimited access.

All existing Pro devices exist with unlimited VINS (and the same applies for enthusiast devices) & their current available service and coding functions. More can be added if you decide to take out a subscription. If you no longer renew this you still have the same device functionality you did before. It's the same across various other platforms where a premium subscription is available above a 'free' version.

I've no doubt the enthusiast model outsells/outsold the pro massively - if they were looking to make ££££ that's the one they would go for - volume sales and small mark up is better than low volume and big mark up.

Back
Top Bottom