Finally ridden it

peej1977

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Managed a few miles today, roads aren’t great but damn what a machine. Initial thoughts (not that anyone asked).

1. After coming from a 1250GSA I figured it would feel weird in size etc but within about a minute it felt totally natural.
2. Feels just like a GS, although feels different.
3. Quickshifter/gearbox definitely slicker but not night and day difference.
4. Engine braking is pretty intense, like VERY noticeable. Doesn’t seem to be a way to reduce it in the settings and isn’t much different between Road and Dynamic.
5. Brakes are good, about the same as the old bike.
6. Suspension in Road mode definitely harsher but I played with the damping trying it at -2 and +2 which helped a little but defo not as “squidgy” as the old bike.
7. The whine the engine makes on deceleration, a lot have mentioned it and I noticed it immediately.
8. Screen in highest position definitely gives me less turbulence than my 1250GSA with a Puig tall screen (with winglet)
9. Doesn’t make the artificial pop/burble when going j to 1st using the quick shifter, not the end of the world but I liked that.

And of course the most noticeable thing, the engine, my goodness it wants to take off 😳 definitely lifts the front easier on the power in 2nd.

IMG_0307.jpeg
IMG_0308.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_0310.jpegIMG_0311.jpegIMG_0312.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpeg
    IMG_0309.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
That whine reminds me of an old British Leyland car gearbox ! I've ordered one all the same just hope it doesn't get on my nerves ,make a change from the pulsating I guess.

Its geared & setup toward road bias,

More Strasse than Gelande

A mate at work has one
I tried it for size last week,

Its like a Gs but smaller and not a gs
If that makes sense

And very much arse in the air setup

And i thought the lc was more road biased

Let see what 12 months does

All I can say , first ride today 359 miles in the shitty roads of wales , I would never ride a 1250 again as it’s just lacking . Simple as that . It’s brilliant.
Glad your enjoying it Stick, sounds like you've picked the winner :thumby:
:thumby: :thumby:

Managed a few miles today, roads aren’t great but damn what a machine. Initial thoughts (not that anyone asked).

1. After coming from a 1250GSA I figured it would feel weird in size etc but within about a minute it felt totally natural.
2. Feels just like a GS, although feels different.
3. Quickshifter/gearbox definitely slicker but not night and day difference.
4. Engine braking is pretty intense, like VERY noticeable. Doesn’t seem to be a way to reduce it in the settings and isn’t much different between Road and Dynamic.
5. Brakes are good, about the same as the old bike.
6. Suspension in Road mode definitely harsher but I played with the damping trying it at -2 and +2 which helped a little but defo not as “squidgy” as the old bike.
7. The whine the engine makes on deceleration, a lot have mentioned it and I noticed it immediately.
8. Screen in highest position definitely gives me less turbulence than my 1250GSA with a Puig tall screen (with winglet)
9. Doesn’t make the artificial pop/burble when going j to 1st using the quick shifter, not the end of the world but I liked that.

And of course the most noticeable thing, the engine, my goodness it wants to take off 😳 definitely lifts the front easier on the power in 2nd.

View attachment 297738
View attachment 297733
View attachment 297734
View attachment 297735View attachment 297736View attachment 297737
The first picture is not possible 👌

A mate at work has one
I tried it for size last week,

Its like a Gs but smaller and not a gs
If that makes sense

And very much arse in the air setup

And i thought the lc was more road biased

Let see what 12 months does
I feel the next 12 months will be an adventure, most likely full of ifs and buts but above all, the choice has been made , you take the ticket and enjoy the ride , some will freak, others cry but most will embrace and have a fooling great time .
Me , I like the the unsure , makes me smile in the morning and gives me a reason to ….. well relax

I completed my running in today. 150 miles on wet shitty roads in the yorkshire dales. Extremely quiet , didn't pass a single bike and had one of the best rides of the year. So far i really like the metzeler tyres.

I completed my running in today. 150 miles on wet shitty roads in the yorkshire dales. Extremely quiet , didn't pass a single bike and had one of the best rides of the year. So far i really like the metzeler tyres.
They do feel good , need as you have done to run it in then try to push harder .
I’m a CTA 3 man but the Next work well and turn well .

Always had cta3s on my 1250 but in the wet i have as much confidence with the nexts. I've been on some really rough roads today and the suspension is definitely better when you're sending it on a bit.

Must admit the suspension is a big step up from the standard 1250 . Used to run the Tractive and it’s way better as it seems to work faster , more compliant. It will be good once the 600 miles service is done to get a good idea on its limits but even at a constant 5 k on the b roads it’s given me a good feel already . The B roads around central Wales are a rough as they need to be to judge and a few were good surface , when on those the bike felt so planted .
Can’t wait till the festive season is over, looks nice on Boxing Day 👍👍

Must admit the suspension is a big step up from the standard 1250 . Used to run the Tractive and it’s way better as it seems to work faster , more compliant. It will be good once the 600 miles service is done to get a good idea on its limits but even at a constant 5 k on the b roads it’s given me a good feel already . The B roads around central Wales are a rough as they need to be to judge and a few were good surface , when on those the bike felt so planted .
Can’t wait till the festive season is over, looks nice on Boxing Day 👍👍
It certainly does look good tomorrow,little breakfast run me thinks ;)
(y)

Back
Top Bottom