Goldwing…….nearly

One thing that is pissing me off is the bloody matt paint! It shows every mark and is a sod to keep clean (to the point where I hardly ever bother now).

I went to see my Dad in the home today and took the bike it being warm and sunny. Came out and some c**t had reversed into one of the panniers and put a lovely scuff on it. :anger: I suppose I should be thankful they didn't knock the bike over completely.

I really dislike the matte paint as well. In fact I have added it to the "do not every buy a motorcycle with...." list which now has 2.
1) wheels requiring inner tubes.
2) Flat or matte paint.

One thing that is pissing me off is the bloody matt paint! It shows every mark and is a sod to keep clean (to the point where I hardly ever bother now).

I went to see my Dad in the home today and took the bike it being warm and sunny. Came out and some c**t had reversed into one of the panniers and put a lovely scuff on it. :anger: I suppose I should be thankful they didn't knock the bike over completely.

Find mine ok to be honest although I’ve not got it filthy yet . Might change next week in Spain.
I use Autoglym Pure shampoo on it so it stays matt

Last edited:
"Rhino Goo" used on all my bikes always seems to work well, and always been pleased with results.

If you think keeping matt paint clean is hard, try the gloss black paint on my tour. If you even look at it wrong, it shows the marks up

It's not hard to keep clean it's just that if you rub it it burnishes it making a shinier area. Also I don't know of a sealant or wax that can be successfully applied to flat finishes to further protect? But you're right about trying to keep black clean which is why I'll never have a black car or truck. I probably should add that as #3.

Find mine ok to be honest although I’ve not got it filthy yet . Might change next week in Spain.
I use Autoglym Pure shampoo on it so it stays matt
I am still using Harley Davidson "Sunwash" when I can be bothered, it's cleared for matt or "denim" paint. I sometimes wish I had waited 6 months for the Pearl Deep Mud grey :nenau (such an inspiring name for a colour)

Back
Top Bottom