Goldwing…….nearly

He was on his own by that time, in a French village… what does it matter, whether he’s in gear or not. Plus his mates respect somebody else’s property, and don’t go discking about with it, unless given permission to do so.

Arsey was demonstrating the height difference of the windscreen, yet there is always somebody who’s on a look out to dissect something out of context.

Tossers by name……

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

I’m embarrassed to say that I’m guilty of doing that to my own bike not long after getting it. I forgot I was in “Drive” ,
and blipped the throttle whilst waiting at some traffic lights😱……..luckily the only damage suffered was to my dignity

Lads, calm down calm down. I was only saying I understood what was being highlighted. I don’t give two f’s wether it in neutral or doing burn outs or Arsey has no pants on. I just enjoy the posts without us getting too offended / personal.

(And did have a bellend who wanted to hear my pipe give it a wee rev - instant arm punch).

Barry

Interesting read thanks certainly a great looking bike and there's now a Goldwing dealer in colchester which I happily discovered today. the new to the town I mean city :eyebrow dealership John Banks has opened and very nice it is too. definitely worth a visit id say . :beerjug:IMG_4245.jpeg

Last edited:
I just returned from an 11 day solo ride on my 2022 Goldwing and must say it was delightful. The engine is torquey which is perfect for a heavy weight tourer loaded down. Heat management is outstanding in fact I'm not sure how Honda achieved it? The only heat than can be felt was when splaying my legs out wide where air exits the radiators, legs tucked in tight no heat whatsoever. Petrol mileage was typically 42-44 mpg (US gallons) never dipping below 40 and as high as 45. Wind management with the electric operated windshield is nice. Mine has the larger Touring shield that I cut about 4" off. Ride quality over small bumps, broken pavement, gravel roads has to be experienced to believe, it's that compliment especially the front. The seat turned out to be ok, not great but better than I expected. I wish the riders bucket went back another inch. I also wish the panniers were a little larger but I guess that would compromise the styling and I just added another Dry-bag to the rack. Anyway I posted my ride with some pics here if any are interested. https://www.ukgser.com/community/threads/a-ride-around-north-central-u-s.363278/

Was at a meeting last week with the head of honda motorcycles UK who was waxing lyrical about his Gold Wing company bike. Anyway I've booked a 48hr test ride in Sept from Dobbles, going away with the wife for the night. Will be a change from my RT :)

Was at a meeting last week with the head of honda motorcycles UK who was waxing lyrical about his Gold Wing company bike. Anyway I've booked a 48hr test ride in Sept from Dobbles, going away with the wife for the night. Will be a change from my RT :)
Lucky you. Not many dealers would let a bike go out for that long. It’ll be a step change compared to the RT with the DCT gearbox.
make sure you pack light. Even though I love my wing, I admit the panniers are rubbish Due to the small size.

Back
Top Bottom