GPX and / or KML files - uploading into the forum

Yarkto

You only need one!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Question:
Why not simply upload the file (kml, gpx etc) on here?

No faffing around - just download.:nenau

My impression is the GPX files could NOT be uploaded onto the forum…....
Not since the updated version was launched a few years ago now….
Agree if you make changes or delete the MRA files your screwed if you posted the embedded files here. Moral is therefore not to delete the MRA files then….

Last edited:
GPX, and .KML files ( recently done courtesey of Paul) CAN be uploaded here.
See some I previously posted.

Here is a sample post, to show what Yarkto is suggesting in the opening post:

What I think he is maybe suggesting is using the method I used when sharing large BaseCamp or MapSource files with the forum, when the file size was too large for the forum to accept.

In my version, I created the file as normal in BaseCamp or MapSource, then hosted it on a free file share platform, like Dropbox. Yarkto’s method might though be different?

PS For very large files, I also used to ask the site’s owner to post them for me, as he can override the limitation.

Try hosting the BaseCamp file on say, Dropbox and sharing it that way.

Alternatively, PM me for my email address and I’ll try to deal with it another way.
Thanks Wapping, I note people commenting that drop box didn’t work for them on the thread?

What is the limit of file size on the forum?

Max file size, as I am told by Paul, is half a megabyte ( I have just written to him to enquire if this can be raised)
You can zip larger files up so that they may upload up to that amount.
If the file exceeds what Paul allows on here , then I use Dropbox
Here is an example of POW routes- which is 3.46MB which some may enjoy- usual caveats apply.

Last edited:
Thanks Wapping, I note people commenting that drop box didn’t work for them on the thread?

What is the limit of file size on the forum?

There is a possible host of reasons why all sorts of things don’t work for people :D

Reactions: G&T

Back
Top Bottom