GS750 ABS problem

Douglas850

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good morning I'm looking for some advice or quick fix for my ABS system.
I had 2 tyres fitted yesterday and an MOT at my MOT centre, not BMW but very good all the same.
My bike was delivered home last night and I rode it into my yard and all was well until this morning.
Having ride to the end of my road I engaged the front brake but noticed it pulsing slightly, I've never known it do that before. I then noticed that my ABS warning light stayed on despite doing at least 30mph along the road. I pulled over, switched off and started my bike again. All to no avail, the lights are still on and remained in until I got to work.
Am I looking at a battery issue, I can stick it on charge when I get home or is this something that can be sorted easily by doing something else.
My bike is due a 24000 mile service at BMW next week and I'm aware that could get expensive if I rock up with a fault. And as things stand it would fail an MOT!
Looking for inspiration
Thànks in advance

Check the abs ring, could be it got damaged when fitting the front tyre. But think a trip to Mr BMW is probably in order

ABS ring or check they have knocked the ABS sensor ,
I did several years ago on my R1200GS :eek

Sorry for late reply. Bent ABS ring the problem, new one on order. Fingers crossed it will solve the problem. Not far out either but enough to make a difference. Mechanic paying for it 😊😊

Back
Top Bottom