How to copy waypoints from 1 route to another - MRA - or - How to split a route

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would like to copy part of a route (waypoints) from 1 route and use it in building a second. I cant seem to copy waypoints. So basically I have to design the route I want all over again. Would be good say if I wanted to keep the first part of a route and then change the latter part? Any ideas?

Would like to copy part of a route (waypoints) from 1 route and use it in building a second. I cant seem to copy waypoints. So basically I have to design the route I want all over again. Would be good say if I wanted to keep the first part of a route and then change the latter part? Any ideas?

I don’t think MRA is very good with waypoints or poi’s. I imported a GPX file of waypoint in - it even has a setting for that - but I have no idea where they are now.

I would imagine the same applies to exporting waypoint, or reusing them.

The only way I can think of is if, in the routes you have made, you make the waypoint’s favourites then they will appear in the favourites list so you can use them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would be good say if I wanted to keep the first part of a route and then change the latter part? Any ideas?

Hi Grant,

If I read you correctly, you want to divide or split a route?

You can split any route into segments.

Pick a route you wish to split. It is maybe best to use a copy, though (as you’ll see in the video) the original ‘un-split‘ route is always retained automatically.

Split it into segments, using Toolkit > Split.

Then take the split out segment you need, say the start of the route that you wanted to use, paste it into a new route or folder and build onto it from there.

Favourites are very useful, in that they are always available to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom