KTM 890S

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes, I have seriously been thinking about changing my S10, the only reason is that I feel I would like something a little lighter to go with my advancing years. I rather like the KTM 890S and also the Huskie Nordthingy, my only issue is that they both have 21” front wheels and I would much rather the 19” front/17” rear, but it appears that this is not an option. My reasoning is that I will be riding 100% tarmac and so I would much prefer a 19” front, anyone with similar experience please?

Yep. Went from an 1190Adv with 19 inch front to a 790Adv S with the 21 incher, and didn't really notice much difference at even quick road speeds.
Probably a bigger factor on a track but the 790 handled well enough to touch the panniers down in Portugal. Took me longer to get used to the 17in front on my Duke

Yep. Went from an 1190Adv with 19 inch front to a 790Adv S with the 21 incher, and didn't really notice much difference at even quick road speeds.
Probably a bigger factor on a track but the 790 handled well enough to touch the panniers down in Portugal. Took me longer to get used to the 17in front on my Duke

I moved from Yamaha S10 to a bike with 21inch front wheel and at road speeds not even noticeable.
Going from an S10 to 890s I think the KTM will much more flickable and easier to change direction.

No problem switching from a R1200GS shod with Michelin Pilot's, to an 890 Adv R with semi spud tyres.

I thought I would miss the Telelever front end, but the WP XPLOR suspension is so good I don't.

Engine is incredible, and 60mpg too!

I moved from Yamaha S10 to a bike with 21inch front wheel and at road speeds not even noticeable.
Going from an S10 to 890s I think the KTM will much more flickable and easier to change direction.

Yes, the S10 is a little porky so most bikes will feel flickable compared to it.

Yes, the S10 is a little porky so most bikes will feel flickable compared to it.

I think the move to the 21" will be more than offset by the huge weight reduction, only real downside is the sportier touring tyres such as Road Attacks and Roadtec's.

But even so I suspect the 890 will still perform a lot better than the S10 - go have a demo ride ;-)

Yes, I was wondering about the tyres, but Conti TA3’s will take care of that for me.

Had TA3's on my 790S and they suited the bike perfectly. I'd happily do a trackday on them. Last well as well as grip like feck and warm up really quickly

Back
Top Bottom