Morocco Trip

Silver-Surfer

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have booked up with BMW to do their mini Morocco tour in April. Its all on road and I just fancied it as a way of seeing the country for the first time and to get some ideas before going back and doing more. I have a couple of daft questions. I am flying with Ryanair from Edinburgh - London Stansted - Marrakesh. Whats the story with my helmet which I obviously want to take with me on board the plane rather than in the hold. Are Ryanair ok with this ? Also, I ride a WC R1200GSA and they cant give me one on the trip and instead I will have a 800GS. I am told the seat height is 880mm, I am six foot two so that would be ideal, is the seat height therefore the same as the GSA ?

Cheers

Silver-Surfer

Doesn't matter what we say - its up to the staff on the gate. It seems to be pot luck. Plenty of folk have had issues because helmets are bigger than the hand baggage limits.
Suggest you send an email to Ryanair and, if they reply in the positive, take the response with you to show at the gate.
Otherwise, best to check it in. I've put helmets in checked luggage before. Just make sure you wrap it well. If you're worried then take a hard suitcase. Presumably BMW will let you store your case somewhere.
Think you'll be fine with the height of the 800GS.

Ryanair - expect to have to give up a vital organ to pay for taking it onto the plane with you.:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter what we say - its up to the staff on the gate. It seems to be pot luck. Plenty of folk have had issues because helmets are bigger than the hand baggage limits.
Suggest you send an email to Ryanair and, if they reply in the positive, take the response with you to show at the gate.
Otherwise, best to check it in. I've put helmets in checked luggage before. Just make sure you wrap it well. If you're worried then take a hard suitcase. Presumably BMW will let you store your case somewhere.
Think you'll be fine with the height of the 800GS.

We travelled Air malaysia to Sydney and NZ recently and decided not to take the risk. The regulations say no, but individual staff MAY take a different view. Whatever you do enjoy the trip.

I had no trouble on Ryanair Dublin to Marrakech last year. No questions at the boarding gate. I did try to be unobtrusive, a basic helmet bag slung over the shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom