New member with major headache! Dead gs1250 2020

Scamps51

Reaction score
Soo…. I have a 2020 GS1250 been used as it should she isn’t no show pony she’s a real work horse! Come out too use it today an it is completely dead! Not getting no response from the TFT where the red flashing lights concerned I’ve checked battery voltage 12.7v fine…checked all three fuses for continuity fine…. checked the battery in the remote for good practice an that’s fine too, the zero response from the display is telling me something other then a keyless issue as it should flash red if there was. Tried holding both fob a plastic key under the rear end antenna still nothing! No response from it ! Soo am dealing with a dead bike.. I have a GS-911 I can’t use as I can’t power the bike up too read any faults soo that’s no use! Anyone ever had an issue like it them self’s!??

i am not an expert but its perfectly possible to have a battery show the correct 12.7V but then have no cranking current capacity...

Have you tried jumping it from another battery, your car maybe?

You don’t need cranking amps for the TFT alight or anything to light up so therefore there is a serious electrical issue if nothing lights up. Easiest thing to light on the systems is anything that lights up it’s the big things that go up and down that don’t work.
It does suggest there is some kind of fault between the battery and the system so I’m thinking another fuse somewhere else. Bearing in mind there are probably three sets of fuse boxes somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the 10amp fuse under the riders seat? This provides power to the tft and ignition switch.

I've seen this on a mates bike. Suddenly nothing, another battery and jump leads started it up. But then went totally dead again when he got home. We took all the battery leads off, re-attached them and it never happened again.

You don’t need cranking amps for the TFT alight or anything to light up so therefore there is a serious electrical issue if nothing lights up. Easiest thing to light on the systems is anything that lights up it’s the big things that go up and down that don’t work.
It does suggest there is some kind of fault between the battery and the system so I’m thinking another fuse somewhere else. Bearing in mind there are probably three sets of fuse boxes somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah there you go, not getting no response at all out of the TFT been over the three fuses (I know of) an all seem fine!

I've seen this on a mates bike. Suddenly nothing, another battery and jump leads started it up. But then went totally dead again when he got home. We took all the battery leads off, re-attached them and it never happened again.
Will definitely try another battery but on the multi meter it’s showing no fault where voltage is concerned an there’s power getting up an around the bike as I’ve tested multiple plugs up an around the thing

Can you access the loom at the back of the TFT ? Ktm's Duke had problems with loose connectors. Have you recently altered anything eg disturbed an earth wire?

Can you access the loom at the back of the TFT ? Ktm's Duke had problems with loose connectors. Have you recently altered anything eg disturbed an earth wire?
The most I’ve done after my last ride was lightly wash the bike an put it away, nothing out the ordinary standard procedure after miles

I’m going too get stuck in with everything that side tomorrow. Having the top clamp off checking the keyless module tft off etc

Have you checked the connections at the starter solenoid, behind the left side panel? Not sure if there is a common positive there, which supplies the whole electrical system.

Have you checked the connections at the starter solenoid, behind the left side panel? Not sure if there is a common positive there, which supplies the whole electrical system.
No I haven’t as of yet another thing I’m going too check in the morning hopefully can find a resolution for the issue

Have you checked that you have a pound of butter in your fridge? All Tossers know this is essential.
My 1250 is 2021 and it's on its second battery.

Back
Top Bottom