Norton activation

Hustler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I renewed Norton in November and when I click on Norton today it tells me my product needs activation.
So like a good boy I do as I'm told but it then informs me I have an illegal product key and yet I renewed via their web site and had an order confirmation email from them when I did the renewal in November.
Seems a rather late request for an activation to me as I haven't had it before and I've got 15 days, apparently, to activate after which Norton simply stops working.
Anyone else had anything similar ?
Thank you.

Hustler........Oh Hustler :blast

Do a search on 'Norton' in this section....you'll find out exactly what most people think of the bloody useless bloatware crap they peddle.

Seriously, ditch it...there are better progs that won't conflict with your system, won't slow it down so much and that are free.......have a read up on it :)

Norton has conflicts with some other applications (Roxio used to be one) which cause it to keep requesting registration.

The only solution is to remove one of the applications................... NORTON.

If you are looking for a replacement - Try AVG Internet Security. Not free, but pretty cheap for two years' protection :thumb2

Al :D

I suppose I got the replies I expected.
I have read folks opinions regarding Norton and it is on my things to do list ie replace it, but it's just that I've got it for now.
I guess I'll have to bring the put Norton in the bin date forward.
Thanks people, appreciated.

Hi,

I had a similar problem with Norton 360. Norton advised me to reset the PC clock back 4 days. All was then ok. Then reset clock back to current date.
It did sort out the problem, I kid you not.

Regards
Admiral

Hi,

I had a similar problem with Norton 360. Norton advised me to reset the PC clock back 4 days. All was then ok. Then reset clock back to current date.
It did sort out the problem, I kid you not.

Regards
Admiral

I decided to try that but alas it didn't work.
So like a clever boy I decided to move the date forward and see what that would do but of course with that wonderful invention hindsight Norton then decided my "trial" version was out of date and promptly stopped it working.
Obvious really.
But it wasn't a trial version I was a fully paid up legal member of the Norton club.
I say was because I've now uninstalled the thing, via the Norton uninstal website and installed AVG which is now happily running here. Took a few hours but hey, all is looking good now and the PC has definitely gained a few more bhp.

I decided to try that but alas it didn't work.
So like a clever boy I decided to move the date forward and see what that would do but of course with that wonderful invention hindsight Norton then decided my "trial" version was out of date and promptly stopped it working.
Obvious really.
But it wasn't a trial version I was a fully paid up legal member of the Norton club.
I say was because I've now uninstalled the thing, via the Norton uninstal website and installed AVG which is now happily running here. Took a few hours but hey, all is looking good now and the PC has definitely gained a few more bhp.

:clap:clap:clap

How Norton carry on getting away with it is beyond me.

Utter utter shyte.......:mad:

PS do have a look via the search button for Norton Removal.......there may well be some left over bits that will still be slowing your machine, it's a nasty insidious piece of crap that is really hard to remove completely sometimes ;)

:clap:clap:clap

Utter utter shyte.......:mad:

PS do have a look via the search button for Norton Removal.......there may well be some left over bits that will still be slowing your machine, it's a nasty insidious piece of crap that is really hard to remove completely sometimes ;)
Thanks very much young Fanum.
I'm all uninstalled now, details here -
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135674

It's because whenever you buy a new PC it seems to have a free trial of Norton so people who don't know better assume that as the PC maker install it, it must be the best and pay up when the trial runs out.

Norton not only slows down the system but it never seems to do that well on comparison tests

The only Norton worth having............................ :thumb

Al :D

Attachments

• 62228697.qOy0hP3A.jpg
    62228697.qOy0hP3A.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom