On my way to Algeciras - Morocco bound

If you had stayed in Meknes you could have explored Volubilis which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site tomorrow.... you still can but it's a bit of a side/back track.
Tempting, I'll see what I'm like in the morning, I'm going to have a few beers, I'm worn out to be honest, not physically, mentally.

Yes, I'd been recommended going a cross country and it was great. The off road happened and I got lost, but it was a great experience the Berber family were great to me.
It is beautiful around there, lots of macaques (monkeys) there as you start heading up into the cedar forest there.

Tempting, I'll see what I'm like in the morning, I'm going to have a few beers....
Top tip for tonight, don't leave any money in your room whilst unattended :D

Enjoy the evening Richie.

I'm worn out to be honest, not physically, mentally.
Morocco has that effect..... sensory overload.... an amazing place.

Top tip for tonight, don't leave any money in your room whilst unattended :D

Enjoy the evening Richie.

Morocco has that effect..... sensory overload.... an amazing place.
That is unfair, the safest place to leave your staff is in your room. Anyway I have gone up in the world, Hotel Batha, with bar, but I had three and I am wrecked, so a film then sleep.

Fair play Richie, you're doing mighty. Nice video work. It's tiring I'd say, you sound like you could do with a day or two off the bike. Falling off a couple times knocks it out of you, take it handy and take care.
A day or two off, hmm, I guess that will be when I get to the South of France. Cheers

Have an easy day, enjoy it and relax and leave Morocco on a high. We’ve all had a bad day and let it spoil a trip so if you get on the ferry wanting to come back it’s all good

A day or two off, hmm, I guess that will be when I get to the South of France. Cheers
Talking of which, I noticed your choice of route for your first day in Spain heading for Lleida - it's pants and for a few minutes more you could have had a fabulous ride over the Pyrenees via Tremp, where I live! If you head back this way how about a beer or coffee?

Talking of which, I noticed your choice of route for your first day in Spain heading for Lleida - it's pants and for a few minutes more you could have had a fabulous ride over the Pyrenees via Tremp, where I live! If you head back this way how about a beer or coffee?
Tempting, what are the temperatures like, I'd say I'll be in Spain tomorrow, three days back to Carcassonne.

Tempting, what are the temperatures like, I'd say I'll be in Spain tomorrow, three days back to Carcassonne.
It's just turned cold here and there will be a lot of snow falling over the high passes tonight - it looks good for Friday tho' so your timing could be just right! I'm checking Esterri d'Aneau on YR as that's at the bottom of the Port de la Bonaigúa pass which might be closed but there are advisory signs as far south as Pobla de Segur so you can alter your route from there. I guess if you're heading to Carcassonne you'd want to go east to Puigcerda via Sort and La Seu d'Urgell.

Good luck with the weather travelling back and thanks for a great read. :)

Good luck with that - it's lovely here in the Pyrenees today and tomorrow but Thursday looks terrible ...20231128_135510.jpg

Well I did 900 km, I am 200k south of Barcelona. I guess I will just carry on up the coast, Simon, it would have been nice but I am not wanting to get caught out in the Pyrenees, weather wise.
Now that I have a leaking fork, maybe some new springs would be in order....

Drinking vino tinto near Peniscola

Back
Top Bottom