One last attempt... Help very welcome

Would somebody FFS lend this man a Bike to get him to Germany?!

Sorry - i cant help with the mechanics of it. I'm only following the thread as i had a similar problem as we were heading for the ferry for our first break since the start of COVID!
Mrs Og was understandably not happy.
We got to have our holiday, eventually, thanks to the combined efforts of some great help on here and in The Real World.

I wish you luck and hope you get the same kindness we did.
All the best.
~~~
Og
p.s; with my Bike it was just the Hall Effect Sensor..... well, i hope that's all - i'm only getting to fix it (hopefully!) later this week.

Thats very kind mate, my darling girlfriend, who's only 23,had an enormous cyst removed from her jaw which included emergency surgery and a bone graft... Pretty nasty.
All the best with your trip!!!

Fuel injection needs to have fuel pressure on the fuel rail so that the injector can atomise the fuel for the very brief period that it is open.

If you don’t have fuel pressure, but fuel flow (which you say you have) then for the brief period the injector is open then you might see a small drop of fuel ( which you say you have ).

The fuel pump has an internal pressure valve to give you maximum fuel pressure. The Fuel pressure regulator mounted in the return line regulates the fanifold pressure.

From your symptoms.

Either your fuel pump is faulty, giving low or no pressure
Or
You have a split hose in the tank giving low or no pressure
Or
You fuel pressure regulator is faulty giving low or no pressure.
Or
You have a blockage between the pump and the injectors.
Or
You have no fuel in the tank.

Edit.
By the way, the injector is only a solenoid valve. If you put your finger on it as you crank the engine you should be able to feel it clicking.

Thanks for the advice ian. I'm thinking its the fuel pump. Its the only part i didnt replace in the fuel system as it was working at the time of doing the other work.
I took it today to my man charlie from CWs here in dorset and he thinks the same. Although the pump primes with the key he says its not sounding like its priming/running properly. This is my first injected bike and maybe im just not used to all of its sounds yet!
Fingers crossed for the final hurdle!
Many thanks for the advice again👍

Steven,
You can use the pump from an Audi 80 which is about a quarter of the price from BMW, the only thing to transfer is the filter sock from the old pump

Why did you replace the injectors? Have you tried refitting the original ones?

Because the bike had been sat for 6/7 years untouched and i knew the fueling system was a bit naff, I just wanted to replace them incase they were totally gunked up. I pulled the a few weeks ago and when I turned it over they were hardly spraying so i thought they might be blocked. At that point the pump seemed okay and bike was running. The idea is to do some fairly long distance overseas trips so i thought replacing the injectors might be worthwhile. And yes i have tried replacing the old ones. Same problem

It has to be the pump, don’t know what it should be at but a cheap check would be a tyre pressure gauge and a Jerry rigged connector to a schrader valve stem

It has to be the pump, don’t know what it should be at but a cheap check would be a tyre pressure gauge and a Jerry rigged connector to a schrader valve stem

3 Bar or 42 psi with the fuel regulator in circuit. More if you are testing just the pump.

Easiest quickest and simplest method of checking the pump is supplying fuel is remove an injector from the supply pipe, put the end of the pipe into aerosol cap and turn ignition on.

Back
Top Bottom