Remote keyfob

My bike is garaged so i leave the key in the tank locker, I have had many low fob battery alerts, changed the fob battery, a week later had the same, changed for another battery so far OK.
However the bike was new in June I didn't anticipate these (minor) issues so soon , I have had a few faux fault alarms for dipped beam which go away once i switch off the bike then back on again. These are now less frequent but the key fob one is not.

Is keeping the key constantly on the bike a bad idea? I do put key in my pocket if I park up somewhere.

Also i saw that someone on Youtube moved the round antenna from under the seat to under the tank locker and used their spare plastic key in the locker and the bike worked fine that way. Just an alternative option.

I always kept my key in a kitchen cupboard, but then when we moved house, my bike is now in a detached garage so i started hiding the key in the garage and i started having battery issues. I was wondering if keeping the key close to the bike meant the key was always communicating with the bike and using the battery? I have recently gone back to keeping the key in the house, and ill see if it makes a difference to the battery life which had got down to about a month, no matter which brand of battery i used.
Stu

I always kept my key in a kitchen cupboard, but then when we moved house, my bike is now in a detached garage so i started hiding the key in the garage and i started having battery issues. I was wondering if keeping the key close to the bike meant the key was always communicating with the bike and using the battery? I have recently gone back to keeping the key in the house, and ill see if it makes a difference to the battery life which had got down to about a month, no matter which brand of battery i used.
Stu

Yeah i think i will do the same, "always communicating and using the battery" make sense. The keyless ride and eletric fuel cap are the only things i don't like about the bike.

I got a message on Sunday coming back from the Moto GP saying Key Fob Battery at half charge...

Bike was new a year ago..

The key has snapped off my fob. does anybody know if a new key blade is available?

Should be all the info you need here. Not all dealers are aware of this. AJ's in Shipley wanted £200 for a new fob when I broke mine. Barrie Robson York got me a new blade. Would come pre cut to your number.

Attachments

• IMG_2366 (1).jpeg
    IMG_2366 (1).jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 102

Back
Top Bottom