Same but different

Without wishing to turn this in to a tyre thread as we each have our preferences, if you are on the standard OE tyres you may find your enjoyment and confidence improve once the stock tyres are worn out and other brands are fitted. For me personally I went for Continental Trail Attack 3 on my 1250GSA and they have been a very good tyre.
Good point! I have CTA3s with Alloy wheels on the GSA. I've done about 350 miles with these and it definitely feels better, don't know if it's the tyres, wheels or both that make a difference. It seemed good with the Anakees on though.

I’m on the original A41 Bridgestones, it’s not a brand I particularly like. I know in reality the tyres are better than me but as we all know if you don’t trust your tyres it can really get into your head.
I had two sets of the Conti TA3s on my GS and liked them.
Theres the problem - A41's - I had them as OE on mine, not good at all, and not inspiring. Got rid of them after 2500 mls for conti TA's. The bike was then totally transformed

At last I’ve been able to get out on the GSA on a nice day.
I’ve not been able to ride since the first service in Feb due to a foot injury so I’ve spent the last six weeks or so worrying about whether I’d made the right choice with the GSA.
Today the sun came out so I downed a load of painkillers and thought I’ve got to put this to bed.
I rode the very same route I’d ridden before. Difference today was I had a ball, absolutely loved it.
Today it didnt feel, to me, that different to my previous GS, ( but obviously is over 4 months since I rode that now).
I’m guessing a lot of it was new bike and tyres, really poor road and weather conditions just knocked my confidence as many of you said.
Massive weight off my mind.
Just need to fix my foot now 👍🏻

Fortunately me and a few mates did the NC500 before it was known as such.was superb.
Last time I went up did the Crieff cloverleaf which was good. Also staid for a few days in Lairg and looped out of there.
Just checked out Crieff Cloverleaf........great info thanks Hartley.

Back
Top Bottom