Spare clutch lever

Jem Wilton

Ditchfinder General
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm going on a trip soon and I think it might be wise to have a spare clutch lever; before getting on the interweb, has anyone any recommendations?

I'm going on a trip soon and I think it might be wise to have a spare clutch lever; before getting on the interweb, has anyone any recommendations?
Apart from the obvious, buying a spare from your favourite supplier ( I’d get a lever and perch ), you could do what most off roaders do and not tighten the handlebar perch up too tight. Not loose so it rotates freely obviously, but just nipped up so in a spill the lever will turn on the bars.

Also, file a groove into the back of the lever closer to the open end, so if it does break, it brakes on the weakened line you have created….that way you can still use the lever until you get home to replace it.

As well as what scooter Paul has advised…..

Also, file a groove into the back of the lever closer to the open end, so if it does break, it brakes on the weakened line you have created….that way you can still use the lever until you get home to replace it.

As well as what scooter Paul has advised…..
good thunking... thanks for useful advice...

Back
Top Bottom