Starcom Advance blue tooth adapter - Help

• Thread starter simplyexploring
  • Start date

simplyexploring

Just installed a starcom advanced system on my GS
But having problems with the bluetooth adapter. I got it paired with the phone ok and I can here the phone ringing in my helmet and when the phone is anwsered they can here me. But I cant here them.
I phoned starcom and they said it sounds like setting on the phone as they have seen this problem before.
Its a sony ericsson T610 and I have tried all sort of setting to get it to work and dont seem to able to do it. For some reason the mic on the phone stays live as well so god knows what its doing.

Anybody got any ideas before I buy new phone :eek:

Hi

Don't buy a new phone - buy an old one!!

I've had problems with both a Nokia 6600 and a SE v600i (both on Vodafone)

For some strange reason they don't seem to implement a 'simple' bluetooth headset configuration. Neither would auto-answer properly nor auto-hangup. They seem to want a button pressed...also, couldn't get mic (or was it sound? - can't remember) on the SE to work.

Starcom did suggest that it'd only work (with the SE) with the personal handsfree lead pluged in - which kind of works - but still won't then autoanswer / hangup (at least I couldn't make it!) - it expects a button on the lead to be pushed...

I've just done a firmware upgrade on the SE but not really had chance to try it out and see if anything's changed - I'm not gonna hold my breath.

However, my works Nokia 6310i (Orange) works perfectly - but then I'm not allowed to use the bike for work (but that's a totally different rant!)

I've been thinking of getting another 6310 / 6310i just to use on the bike - mainly for those 'where are you' type calls!

Sorry not to be of more help.

Steve

PS: I'm using an Autocom Active 7, with the Starcom bluetooth module plugged straight into the phone port and power from a shared feed - works just fine with the 6310i as mentioned.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Right then

After a lengthy chat with bloke at starcom about my twp problems I have with this adapter!

1) Being the compatibility of phone to adapter
2) Being still having problems of engine electrical noise pick up!

1) Told him I have tried 3 models of Sony Erickson and one of those being brand new and still does not work, I did try an old Motorola V70 and that worked fine. I told him I was bit pissed of that I have to buy a new phone and I would be more pissed of if I bought a new one to find it didn’t work. He says try nokia they all work fine. Told him that I have heard there is probs with some of them. Also told him I don’t want to go backwards and buy old. If I’m buying, it would be new one. He says he couldn’t really suggest anything. GREAT HELP!!!! :dabone

2) After changing where the blue tooth adapter is wired up to I still have some electrical engine pick up. Its currently wired to the back lighting feed as suggested buy them. As a test I did wire it direct to battery and it’s the same. Told me to go and start rapping tin foil around cables!!! :spitfire and see if that works. ANOTHER GREAT HELP :dabone :dabone

So anybody got any suggestions on both problems. :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom