Stelvio....first thoughts.

Thanks for that Clifton. I did the adjustments exactly to your recommendations then went ride out yesterday I must say the bike did handle noticeably better. It was pretty good before but now tips in and holds the line better. Sadly it remains very harsh on the rougher roads......
To be honest I didn't notice any difference in how it turns and handles, but it really softened the harshness which was my criticism of this motorcycle. For instance on a road I travel where our crews threw 1 1/2" stone over pavement and it felt like I was getting a shock in the seat and bars from every stone, I don't notice it anymore. And I thought I was going to loose my fillings over the wash board section! Now it's still bumpy, but tolerable like with the T7 and V85TT, all that harshness is gone. Same over areas of shattered pavement. Apparently after about the first bump (or piece of stone) the shock and forks started packing. Amazing how well they work when permitted to recover and extend back.

At this point the suspension is plenty good enough for me so I'll just stay with it and let it further break in. Speaking of which I'm at just over 800 miles now and it's a 160 mile ride to the dealer I use so I'll be well over 1,000 by the time they can work me in. So I'm thinking of doing the initial service myself, which is just an engine oil change and some checks. And of course resetting the stupid light. Does anyone know of any service bulletins or recalls that would need performed? If there are any I'll go ahead and schedule them to do the service.

Oh good news, Martin. I think you'll enjoy this bike, especially after 500-600 miles or so. AND after you back off the rebound some if you ride over and rougher sections like cobblestone, gravel, broken pavement, etc.

Back
Top Bottom