turning off service reminder

malcolmkaty

Reaction score
HI all
My service reminded has come on as it a year since it last service , still got about 3000mile till it hits 6000 so anybody in the Portsmouth Area can turn the reminder off for a small fee .

If you go into the settings can you change your date to next year then it will think it’s not due

another question the service indicator is due to time not miles , If I wait until I get close to 6000 mile which will be later this year would this effect the warranty ?

BMW want to service your bike every year or 6000 miles whichever is the sooner so yes, they might get a bit difficult in the event of a claim inside of the warranty period - or indeed a ‘goodwill claim’ outside of it if you do not adhere to their servicing schedule…

BMW want to service your bike every year or 6000 miles whichever is the sooner so yes, they might get a bit difficult in the event of a claim inside of the warranty period - or indeed a ‘goodwill claim’ outside of it if you do not adhere to their servicing schedule…
I’ve got the extended warranty on mine ,I asked the provider regarding mileage as I don’t do that many miles I was told they have a 1500 mile window .but you do need the annual service .

If you go into the settings can you change your date to next year then it will think it’s not due
This will work but if you ride with a BM sat nav it will revert back to the correct date every time you turn off and then on unless you disconnect the pairing between the nav and bike.

Don't ask me how I know :blast

I agree its 6k or 12 months whichever is sooner so by the book if youve only done 100 miles it should go in. Bear in mind things like brake fluid should be changed (according to schedule) every 2 years, not on mileage.

Turning off the nav pairing setting on turns the clock update off. This is not the same as unpairing the nav from the wheel or anything.
As for mileage vs age then I have waited until 18mth after due date and still not had any issues with warranty, but that's my experience.

I am sure this yearly service is just BMW way to support the Dealers as my bike with 3000 miles on it does not need an oil change or filter or anything else , 2020 I brought a 2015 Triumph t100 with 4000 miles on the clock it been dealer serviced every year up to 2020 and when I brought it the dealer serviced it again , I still have it done 4000 miles not changed the oil or filer as not needed , I still check the chain and lube but it seems we are being taken for a ride by the manufacture's plus the cost to the environment with oil and filter being disposed of which are not even halfway used . I do wonder how you stand with a warranty claim on a vehicle which has been serviced to miles not yearly in a court or law ?

I am sure this yearly service is just BMW way to support the Dealers as my bike with 3000 miles on it does not need an oil change or filter or anything else , 2020 I brought a 2015 Triumph t100 with 4000 miles on the clock it been dealer serviced every year up to 2020 and when I brought it the dealer serviced it again , I still have it done 4000 miles not changed the oil or filer as not needed , I still check the chain and lube but it seems we are being taken for a ride by the manufacture's plus the cost to the environment with oil and filter being disposed of which are not even halfway used . I do wonder how you stand with a warranty claim on a vehicle which has been serviced to miles not yearly in a court or law ?
probably depends on T&C's if it says 6000miles/anually whichever comes first then thats what they will stand behind, of course you could use it more ?
PS oil can deteriorate due to moisture and acids from cold running even if it doesnt get to the full mileage, it also can be perfectly good when you change it even if you have exceeded the mileage limit, this is a good thing as it means you are not running your engine on worn out oil
:p

Back
Top Bottom