Valuation please

SMB

Reaction score
I have fallen in love again. Last time was 2014.

Been looking at a new 1250 lowered frame GS. Asked for a quote for trade in. Obviously the dealership will trade it straight out. Probably not the the way. So what is it worth on here.
Is it worth taking the extras off and selling them separately?

My bike has 5000 miles on it. Full service history, though one service was 6months late but I had covered only 300 odd miles from the previous one. Plague by ill health.

Anyway.

2014 TE. led headlight and indicators.
Hill start and gear shift pro added.
Cymarc crude catcher
Mudsling and fender extender
Prepped for top box and luggage (Keeping, the luggage).
Dash cam (keeping).
HID50 fog lights from Les.
Low seat.
Nippy Normans handle for putting on main stand. (Keeping).
Headlight protector.
Extra led brake light.
Special paint job. Well I like it.
Brand new CTA 3 tyres about 500 miles.
BM engine bars.
Never been over.
New MOT no advisories
Service due

Tiny bit of corrosion at cylinder gasket area, both sides. See photo.
One of the engine sensors failed - replaced by my local dealership Dec last year.

I still have the “correct” mirrors, handlebar wheel and satnav mounting bar, (hated the BM offering!).

Can’t get the photos the right way round Help!

Attachments

• D94499B0-F4D9-4769-8B6E-FD6B32419022.jpg
    D94499B0-F4D9-4769-8B6E-FD6B32419022.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 480
  • EE76FD0B-4D2E-43E0-AE81-490C3F4158FB.jpg
    EE76FD0B-4D2E-43E0-AE81-490C3F4158FB.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 3CAED6C0-1626-4430-AB1D-3EF3656F6484.jpg
    3CAED6C0-1626-4430-AB1D-3EF3656F6484.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 471
  • 6EFAD14D-FEF9-4B27-A18A-6547A4030C55.jpg
    6EFAD14D-FEF9-4B27-A18A-6547A4030C55.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 477
Without wishing to be negative, is it worth swapping it if you do so little mileage ?

Lowered frame is becoming more important now.
Also investigating having the present bike lowered. However like a nice shiny new thing.

Whats the dealer offering ? you could always put it up on here for a few hundred quid more. There's quite a few around for sale around the £7k to 8K but with more miles than yours and that's dealer prices which will have some kind of warranty ( even if its short), any private sale or px will probably be less than these figures.

I recently sold my KTM to Cubo Moto (link below) as the deal was better than WBAB, I think Cubo Moto also offer the option of selling your bike for you (obviously taking a commission).

I have to say Selling to Cubo Moto was easy and pick was perfect, bike is not loaded until the money is in your account.

Just a thought maybe try them.

https://www.cubomoto.co.uk

Good luck

I got a quote from WBAB for my 2016 S1000XR, added £700 and the bike was sold within 24 hours with 3 other expressions of interest. Dealers were asking at least £700 more with higher mileage and standard, not lowered suspension.

Lowered frame is becoming more important now.
Also investigating having the present bike lowered. However like a nice shiny new thing.

Denz0 on here is TTech suspension, he will service and lower your shocks to a BMW low bike spec, be a bit cheaper than a 1250.

Al.

What's going on with those indicators ?

They're not the LED indicators fitted as standard to a TE Spec bike :duno

They are triple function led indicators from http://weisertechnik.co.uk/

The company use the older style BM cases, and put their own circuit board in them. Plug into the old BM socket + a couple of extra wires. DLR/Brake/Indicator all extra bright. Works for me!

Absolutely stunning bike with all the mod cons and accessories you could need. I particularly like the thriple function LEDS,they are excellent and enhnace the bike. I'm certainly going to look at those for my own.
This shouldn't hang around long here.
GLWS

Denz0 on here is TTech suspension, he will service and lower your shocks to a BMW low bike spec, be a bit cheaper than a 1250.

Al.

The OP would also need the lowered sidestand and centre stands too, plus if he wanted the full 50mm seat height reduction the low seat as IIRC the suspension itself reduces the height by around 20mm?

The OP would also need the lowered sidestand and centre stands too, plus if he wanted the full 50mm seat height reduction the low seat as IIRC the suspension itself reduces the height by around 20mm?

Didn’t need to change the sidestand on mine(Hexhead), it was lowered 30mm and I used the std seat, I only ever used the mainstand in the garage so put the wheels on a 25mm plank, just kept the original springs to go with the bike when I sold it.

Al.

Al.

Done that, total cost including labour service the rear shock fit new adjustable shock (original cant be lowered) to the front total cost around £600. Very pleased with the result.

The LC is 60mm wider than the hexhead,

so the factory low LC is the same height as the std hexhead ( leg arch)

to get low as in 800mm you need to get the ultralow seat as well

Back
Top Bottom