Unable to open .gdb file in Mapsource

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumble beemer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am using Mapsource with City Navigator NT 2014. I have many .gdb files with routes and waypoints that I created last year using City Navigator NT 2011 which I am able to open.

I recently upgraded to NT 2014 and created a route. I am now unable to open it and get the following error message ' FILENAME.gdb ' is not a valid mapsource and could not be opened.

Any suggestions ?

It took me two hours to create the file so please don't say ....'start again' !! lol. TIA.

As far as I understand updating the maps should have no effect on Mapsource. The maps and Mapsource are two different things with Mapsource being the programme you use to manage routes and waypoints. Have you tried opening any other files, ones you created before you updated the map?

We have a tame computer geek here who also uses Garmin, he is not here right now but I will ask him when i see him if there is any way of opening or checking the file. I presume you have found the file wherever you have stored it and right clicked to look at "properties" etc?

John

I have been able to open older files and files I created today but not the first file I created after upgrading but I guess that was just a coincidence.

I have just clicked on properties and have been able to restore a previous version of the file so all is not lost. It must have become corrupt.

Thanks Grey One. You gave me some inspiration and pointed me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom