Chandlers, Brighton

Big Chris

Reaction score
Didn't know they existed till I saw their name on here, Being only 10-15 mins from my work place thought they'd be ideal for servicing needs. I went in last Sunday to enquire about a 6k service on my GS, being a Sunday there was no one from the service department there, which is fair enough, the salesman told me to fill in a form including my phone number and they would get back to me. I have not heard a thing. Thats over £300 they won't be getting, dosen't seem a good way to run a business to me. So i'll be sticking with Bahnstormer even though its a good hour away.

Didn't know they existed till I saw their name on here, Being only 10-15 mins from my work place thought they'd be ideal for servicing needs. I went in last Sunday to enquire about a 6k service on my GS, being a Sunday there was no one from the service department there, which is fair enough, the salesman told me to fill in a form including my phone number and they would get back to me. I have not heard a thing. Thats over £300 they won't be getting, dosen't seem a good way to run a business to me. So i'll be sticking with Bahnstormer even though its a good hour away.

Last year I wanted to buy a new 2010 GSA with the full package and my mate wanted a fairly new GS / GSA 07 or 08 plate.
We were informed by a friend and customer of Chandlers - Bring I.D. license and a bill and we soul be able to get a test ride.
We arrived and found the salesman unprofessional and uninterested, in fact I displayed my clean and endorsement free license and proof of address because I wanted to test ride the new GSA and he said that he didn't have access to the keys for the bike because they were locked in a cupboard. :rolleyes:
It was a waste of time, money / fuel and a 100 miles return trip. :mad:
Nigel and I think that he made excuses because he didn't want us both test riding bikes at the same time.

That day they lost the sale of a new 2010 GSA and a newish 1200 GS and subsequently Bahnstormer sold two of their bikes.

Trust Bahnstormer, its a good ride there anyway. :)

Alternatively, try Vines or Coopers.

Think it was about 18 months ago when I posted on here about this dealer and their lack of interest in customer service. I made three attempts to get my bike serviced and possibly buy a new GSA, gave up in the end. Went to Bahnstormer, great service, great deal and very friendly. This was my fourth GS, so I would'nt describe myself as a tyre kicker.

I've had a 1200SE and my current 1200ADV 30 year Anniversary from them and never a problem.Servicing Great and attentive .I wouldn't go anywhere else .My feeling is they care a lot .My 2p :thumb2

Chandlers

Since posting the above Chandlers have made contact and stated that it was a genuine oversight. They have gone out of their way to rectify the situation which I must say is commendable. I'll definately be giving them a go in the future.

Service ?

Just thought I would add my 2p in as well.
We live fairly close by and have watched, and experienced, the dealership with all its teething problems. No business is perfect, but since Emmet joined the team we have noticed a huge improvement in attitude. I tend to agree that sometimes their sales team is a little slack, but their service team are on the ball (and that's what really counts).
Emmet is seriously proactive, you should check out their web site cause he's organizing lots of events over spring.
For example this SUNDAY there is a test day of all the latest bikes at Bury Hill (fab roads), then the following weekend there is an overnighter to a micro-brewery, and a few weeks later he's organised a day at Cadwell Park.
I don't believe there are many dealers out there who spend their weekends arranging events for others?
Both madame and I have recently brought bikes from Chandlers, their aftersales service has been second to none, and as for their social rideouts and events - well that's just another reason we enjoy our bikes.

Cheers :beerjug:

First impressons count.

6 months ago i called to get a price on a new GSA, i gave the guy the details and had a lengthy conversation with him. He said he will call back in 30 mins with a price and never did, called back about 2 hours later and he was busy, left another message but nothing to this day.

I brought a new 60 plate GSA ( my third ) the next day from Vines.

I'm going to give a big thumbs up for Chandlers.

After deciding it was time to change my previous bike (non-BMW) I contacted various dealers (including non-BMW) enquiring about specific bikes, after a day or so no-one had got back to me, I got fed up of waiting and contacted Chandlers who had a (very good) trade in value for my bike and offered a good deal on the bike I wanted back to me within half an hour.

After a quick test ride the deal was done and I picked up my new bike a few days later. I was very pleased with their good service and pleasant human manner.

:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Chandlers

Hi

Vines for me, Always friendly and good service, Been to Chandlers, just prefer Vines

Dave:thumb

GSA serviced yesterday at Chandlers ,F800 Courtesey bike ,all done in 3 hours ,enjoyed the courtesy bike ,GSA well serviced ,me V Happy .Great dealership and I've use SLM, L+c ( when they were about)I cant fault them:thumb2

I thought it might be helpful to update this thread, following my recent visit to Chandlers for my 6000m service on my GSA.

It's all gone completely wrong at Chandlers, without doubt. A few months ago they had a perfectly competent service advisor, but unfortunately he left. His replacement was useless, and didn't last long. For the past couple of months, they've been struggling along without a service advisor, 'borrowing' a service advisor from the car service desk.

Unfortunately, this chap is also useless. No motorrad knowledge at all; he doesn't even know how to prepare an invoice. Didn't know what an R1200GS Adventurer (sic) was when I first spoke to him on the phone.

Apparently, they've decided to have a restructure at Chandlers: so now, motorrad service will be part of their wider car servicing operation - whenever they manage to recruit a new service advisor, that is. In addition, their sales guys are now reporting to the car sales manager - and hugely disappointingly the excellent and very enthusiastic brand manager Emmet Reidy is out the door.

In the workshop they only appear to have one part-time tech, although there is apparently another one who is on vacation at the moment. (The part-timer, Gareth, is a top bloke - ex-Vines).

Hmmm. What a total shambles. It took me three separate attempts to get this service booked, and in the end it was only the intervention of one of the showroom receptionists that actually made it happen.

Beware! (If anyone knows where Emmet ended up, I'd be interested to know).

Cheers
Jimmy

I thought it might be helpful to update this thread, following my recent visit to Chandlers for my 6000m service on my GSA.

It's all gone completely wrong at Chandlers, without doubt. A few months ago they had a perfectly competent service advisor, but unfortunately he left. His replacement was useless, and didn't last long. For the past couple of months, they've been struggling along without a service advisor, 'borrowing' a service advisor from the car service desk.

Unfortunately, this chap is also useless. No motorrad knowledge at all; he doesn't even know how to prepare an invoice. Didn't know what an R1200GS Adventurer (sic) was when I first spoke to him on the phone.

Apparently, they've decided to have a restructure at Chandlers: so now, motorrad service will be part of their wider car servicing operation - whenever they manage to recruit a new service advisor, that is. In addition, their sales guys are now reporting to the car sales manager - and hugely disappointingly the excellent and very enthusiastic brand manager Emmet Reidy is out the door.

In the workshop they only appear to have one part-time tech, although there is apparently another one who is on vacation at the moment. (The part-timer, Gareth, is a top bloke - ex-Vines).

Hmmm. What a total shambles. It took me three separate attempts to get this service booked, and in the end it was only the intervention of one of the showroom receptionists that actually made it happen.

Beware! (If anyone knows where Emmet ended up, I'd be interested to know).

Cheers
Jimmy

Sounds top notch:eek:

Glad I live in the North of England, sorry you have to suffer like this

No longer open on Sundays in the winter months (Oct thru Mar), not enough business !! Car side fully open though! I think a Car guy now overseeing it since Emmet moved on.

It's a shame to read this thread as I've always found Chandlers, since they opened, very helpful. :bow

They have had some good events, agreed my clutch could be fixed on warranty when Vines wouldn't (yes - it was a 1200 !). I have had good, relatively cheap services and use of loan bikes. They offered me a better deal than Vines on my old bike and managed to bag me one of the last Triple Blacks. I would recommend them and would of (and probably still will) return.:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

Having said all that I've only dealt with Chris and I fear he may of moved on. I e-mailed him the other day and I got back a failed message

just had an email from them advertising for staff, so hopefully they will be back to strength soon.

It's a shame to read this thread as I've always found Chandlers, since they opened, very helpful. :bow

They have had some good events, agreed my clutch could be fixed on warranty when Vines wouldn't (yes - it was a 1200 !). I have had good, relatively cheap services and use of loan bikes. They offered me a better deal than Vines on my old bike and managed to bag me one of the last Triple Blacks. I would recommend them and would of (and probably still will) return.:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

Having said all that I've only dealt with Chris and I fear he may of moved on. I e-mailed him the other day and I got back a failed message

I didn't know that. I also bought my GSA through Chris and I thought he was all right; and I really rated Emmet as well. It would be a shame if Chris has gone, there would be nobody left there that I'd want to deal with.

Chandlers

Hi

Just some info, Chris was there still as of yesterday, still nice bloke to deal with

Dave:thumb

Back
Top Bottom