Shoei Neotec

Having had a Syncrotec and 2x Multitecs I'm prepared to bet that this will be a bloody good lid!

Coming out here early March 2012, isn't it? Definately getting rid of my C3 for one of these......annoyed really, as it was a toss-up between the Multitec & C3 when I was looking......integral visor won it for me.

This one should be good (I hope).

Coming out here early March 2012, isn't it? Definately getting rid of my C3 for one of these......annoyed really, as it was a toss-up between the Multitec & C3 when I was looking......integral visor won it for me.

This one should be good (I hope).

What size head are you Marky :D

I tried one on at the NEC Bike show and a very nice bit of kit but as I have Arai full face and Arai SZ open face (new this year) a flip front might have to wait a while.

First helmet that fit as well as an Arai that I have tried.

Teejay

Its more the case that Shoei are charging yoiu £125 for a sunvisor:eek:
I can get a Multitec for £300 (my current lid of choice):nenau

I have two Schuberth lids and as a glasses wearer I find the flip down sun visor is definitely worth the money.
Also they are major safety advantage in the Alps where there are loads of tunnels and it is a nightmare if you have prescription sunglasses on and ride from bright sunlight into almost total darkness.
With the inner sun visor it is 1/4 second to flip it up out of the way.

Ta. Looks very interesting but would need to check out the "micro ratchet" fastening...I find the "double-D" simple and effective, I wonder why they felt it necessary to change it?
This kind of fastening is much quicker to snap shut and open. I have one on a Shark Evoline II, and it's nice. But it's bulkier than the D ring, and can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable on Adam's apple. But it's not a deal breaker. Being converted to flip-ups, I am going to look intot the Neotec mysef.

Its more the case that Shoei are charging yoiu £125 for a sunvisor:eek:
I can get a Multitec for £300 (my current lid of choice):nenau

I don't think that assessment is correct. I think Shoei has improved a lot of things from the Multitec, beside adding the sun visor.

Despite being a big Multitec fan, I picked up a Neotec today.

A nice helmet, I must say.

The integral sun visor works well and is easy to operate with gloved hands. It's one of the reasons I wanted to try the helmet as it will save carrying a spare dark visor.

The seat belt buckle hasp is fine and arguably easier than traditional D-rings that can sometimes be awkward to latch up at the loose end.

I think the shell might be a slightly different shape. I take a small in the Multitec which, whilst I could wear it with the Neotec, the medium was better especially when the flip front was locked shut. I normally like the helmet to be reasonably tight, relying on time to compress the padding but the small size did seem unecessarily tight. There again, maybe if I had tried another it would have been OK. So I am now back to medium in Arai full faces and Shoei flip fronts; no big deal.

The air vents (chin, two position brow and crown) are simple to operate and seem to work OK.

I haven't taken it apart yet, but from a quick look it seems simple enough.

Worth a look if anyone is in the market for a new flip front lid.

I bought a Neotec yesterday, my last helmet was a system 6.
I paid £465 for it, probably over the top but as it was an Insurance claim it didn't come out of my pocket (The Sys 6 was about the same price to replace)
1st impression very good, went out for a ride this morning, quieter than the 6, slight whistle, but as the bike was my CB500 with no screen not really a fair test, will pick up the 1200 Thursday so see what its like then.
Very good fit, tried Multitec (M) and bought the Neotec (M) as well, for me they felt the same fit but I guess it also depends on head shape and how tight a fit you want.
Very good cuff around the neck/chin, snug fit but I think the chin bit can be removed to aid air flow in the warmer days.
Flip front works well but when pulling it back down you have to ensure it is clicked into place, this may be a new thing and i'll get used to it.
Visibilty seems good, better than the system 6
Strap fixing is good, my other helmet had the same type of fitting so for me thats good.
Not sure about all the air vents yet as it was a wee bit cool this morning so didn't try them!

They have altered the visor insertion / hinge mechanism a bit. It's a little bit more fiddly as there is a small lug moulded into the inside of the visor which has to go behind a runner on the retaining mecanism, or the visor will bow out slightly at the rear when shut. Overall it probably helps to lock the visor down onto the helmet better than the old mechanism, so a good thing overall.

After taking the visor on and and off a couple of times (and putting my glasses on, so I could see it properly) I got the hang of it. Having the integral sun visor means that the number of times the clear visor has to come off will definitely be less, so no big deal.

Shoei are now doing the Arai thing, giving customers a little pot of silicone lubricating oil, too. I have probably got ten or more already.....

Mate of mine just bought a new Neotec at the Scottish Show, got it for £350, said it fitted really well, he has an old Multitec at present.... good buy.

Back
Top Bottom