Real Rider app and web site

trainman

Reaction score
not sure if posting in the right place

anyway can only find one old reference on this forum to the RealRider app and site that only mentions saving routes, the App can also detect if you crash and call the emergency services

anyone using and if so any views on the social side of the site or even some real use of the 'falling off' function?

http://www.realrider.com/

cheers

Can only really comment in the negative...which is probably useless :blast...I've been using Realrider's Ridesafe function since it was first released and switch it on everytime I'm heading out beyond the bounds of built-up areas. I've had one 'off' in that time which was low speed and simply resulted in a graceful sideways topple once the bike came to a halt half way up a roadside banking (don't ask!). Unsurprisingly this didn't activate Ridesafe as it needs 'multiple rotations and/or swift deceleration' to activate. Regardless, I'll continue to switch it on everytime I ride, simply because it might save my life one day - I'll be delighted if it's never needed, but as it's there I will use it.

On the social side - don't use that aspect of Realrider at all - mainly because I'm and anti-social git who.....never mind. :D

Resurrecting this old thread having bought a new GSA and seeing that it came with a free years subscription to RealRider. I'm not particularly fussed about the social bit, but are there any users out there with crash experience while using the app?

Back
Top Bottom