Collector boxes - Really good news

You haven't got to mess about with dynos.

I'll tell you what. I'll shut the fuck up and not bother pointing anything out in future?

I was going to order two, but if its a feck about with jets and dynos etc ..

Hmm not sure
My 100 PD has one fitted, my 80 Basic is on the " Y " piece, haven't a clue what make it is.

Don't mind being the Guinea pig but I'd struggle myself to set it up with jets etc etc.

Just fit on on the 80, I doubt very much the y piece was ever set up on the dyno so you will be returning it to standard, as it should be. I suspect that it will improve running etc. Its a no brainer.

Rob - do you need a hug?

:D

I'll tell you what. I'll shut the fuck up and not bother pointing anything out in future?

It's the thought that if its been re jetted etc I'll be pissing around with limited knowledge and take a step backwards .

You may recall I bought the bike donkeys years ago from Gary at BAMW , maybe he re jetted it for the " Y" piece I really don't know.

Just fit on on the 80, I doubt very much the y piece was ever set up on the dyno so you will be returning it to standard, as it should be. I suspect that it will improve running etc. Its a no brainer.

Rob - do you need a hug?

:D

I'll order one and give it a go I think.
Suppose I'll know straight off if its not improved things.
I like the idea of nog standard though.

It's the thought that if its been re jetted etc I'll be pissing around with limited knowledge and take a step backwards .

You may recall I bought the bike donkeys years ago from Gary at BAMW , maybe he re jetted it for the " Y" piece I really don't know.

I bet you fifty quid he didn't!

Don't do that Rob, I've bought one from the part number you supplied. The stock is in Germany so a few days to arrive then I will report on the quality! At that price it was worth getting one for the future? So a big thank you for the info :clap

Don't do that Rob, I've bought one from the part number you supplied. The stock is in Germany so a few days to arrive then I will report on the quality! At that price it was worth getting one for the future? So a big thank you for the info :clap

I'm going to buy him some sweets . ;)

You already owe me a fiver ! :D

I was going to whip the one off my lads bike and give that a go but sod it may as well buy a new un .

I've invested that fiver in a Honda xl600 Paris Dakar thing.....this time next year you'll get £6.50 back!

I've invested that fiver in a Honda xl600 Paris Dakar thing.....this time next year you'll get £6.50 back!

Excellent !

I once had an xr650 r , don't know why they bothered putting a front wheel on it.:D

Brilliant bike though.

Thanks Rob, that's very helpful and well spotted. I'm giving the bike a bit of a refresh hoping to get to South America for a couple of months at the back-end of the year. For that price I think it's worth a punt and I never need much of an excuse to get on the local dyno. I often use an Innovate Afr meter to sort the jetting on various bikes but I find back-to-back dyno runs give a clearer picture than my rather insensitive seat of the pants. For those with an otherwise standard bike of course it should all be a lot simpler to revert to the collector box.

I have a couple of those innovate air fuel devices. I fitted one while running the bike on a dyno the readings were identical.

this was standard jetting, airbox and new filter. Keihin y piece and keihin downpipes (no balance pipe)

DynoRun24thMarch09.jpg

Well ordered one today for the Basic.:D

Thanks for the info Rob....;)

Edit: for info there's 312 left.

Max power 44.04 BHP. Whoosh.......!

I imagine my G/S is making, I dunno, at least half that.....Get In!

I thought the Basic made 50 bhp:tears

Is it 44 at the back wheel.

Basic!! That's a 1000cc bike. The basic makes a lot less than that (probably 37 BHP). Wrefords tuned 800 bike with a Siebenrock 1000 conversion and a high torque cam made 42 bhp.

That was my 100PD all standard apart from the Keihin down pipes (with no balance pipe) and keihin Y piece. Putting it back to standard down pipes and a standard collector took it to just over 50 BHP.

My Basic look alike bike makes 55 BHP at the rear wheel

This is from its first run with a rich mixture on the mid range (standard collector and downpipes). 9.5:1 pistons, larger inlet valves and 336° cam.

DynoRun3rdJuly2013-1_zps3c953e98.jpg

Needle dropped. and slightly smaller main jet fitted

GS_zpsiorl885l.jpg

My Moorespeed engine is around 70Bhp at the rear wheel :green gri

Basic!! That's a 1000cc bike. The basic makes a lot less than that (probably 37 BHP). Wrefords tuned 800 bike with a Siebenrock 1000 conversion and a high torque cam made 42 bhp.

That was my 100PD all standard apart from the Keihin down pipes (with no balance pipe) and keihin Y piece. Putting it back to standard down pipes and a standard collector took it to just over 50 BHP.

My Basic look alike bike makes 55 BHP at the rear wheel

This is from its first run with a rich mixture on the mid range (standard collector and downpipes). 9.5:1 pistons, larger inlet valves and 336° cam.

DynoRun3rdJuly2013-1_zps3c953e98.jpg

Needle dropped. and slightly smaller main jet fitted

GS_zpsiorl885l.jpg

My Moorespeed engine is around 70Bhp at the rear wheel :green gri

I'm kinda happy with my (" couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding GS80") . The only reason I'm going back to a collector box is to have the bike standard , and I do like the engine response with the collector box on, only after riding my lads newly acquired GS Basic with one fitted.
I'm upgrading to a Denso starter as well...:D

Back
Top Bottom