bmw mottorad insurance

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone got any recommendations for insurance company's? my 2012 TC is up for renewal! had a few quotes so far, Bennetts £212, MCE £195, BMW £223. Are there any benefits with the BMW insurance? I want proper cover so not really bothered for the cheapest.

I wouldn't touch bmw insurance purely because the number the showroom gave me for them cost me £1 per min and I just got a £60 bill. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used BMW Insurance a couple of times and there are some good aspects of the cover provided. The big downside for me was that it is brokered by Devitts who are a complete pain to deal with. I had real struggles when I changed bike and moved house and they cocked up just about everything it's possible with what should have been straightforward mid-term changes (which you'll pay through the nose for). In a word - AVOID. Try LV, i've found them refreshingly easy to deal with, good value and excellent levels of cover for accessories, clothing etc.

I use Carole Nash for my GS LC. Best price I could get and good service to date.

I would also recommend Adrian Flux, who I have two cars with. Excellent service and they charged nothing when changing address. Also nothing when I changed the reg plate on one of the cars. They do m'bikes as well as cars

Try BeMoto; just swapped to them after BMW Motorrad aka Devitts took 3 weeks to respond!

The guys at BeMoto are all enthusiasts and don't charge for mid-term changes in details

Switched from BMW to Bennetts this year as BMW wanted to double the cost.

Unfortunately had occasion to use them, they were superb, no fuss, bike back to mint at Bahnstormer Alton inside 3 weeks.

Definitely avoid- it is essentially Devitts that you will be insuring through and they are a complete nightmare.
I'm with Carole Nash for the R1200RT and the S1000R.
They have been excellent over the last 5 or so years I've been with them, although I've never had to claim.

Devitts run BMW Insurance . Good cover , piece of cake to deal with them . Great premiums. ( No claims experience though )

I wouldn't touch bmw insurance purely because the number the showroom gave me for them cost me £1 per min and I just got a £60 bill. Never again.

That's really odd .... I rang them on a locall number 0345 504 0345 which is printed in their advertising literature

Switched from BMW to Bennetts this year as BMW wanted to double the cost

I switched from BMW to Bennetts for the exact same reason. I always had a very competitive quote from them year after year then wham !

The premium went through the roof for no apparently explainable reason :blast

That's really odd .... I rang them on a locall number 0345 504 0345 which is printed in their advertising literature

451eb29b45b60971027c6494cf103c6b.jpg

I got done.

I use Bikesure, part of the Adrian Flux set up. Easy to set up, first year, so no experience of claims etc.

Al.

If only you'd taken the time to GOOGLE the answer rather than call your dealer :comfort

Somewhat true but I didn't call asking. When you're face to face with the dealer and he says "BMW insurance might be able to do you a better deal, would you like me to ping the number over to you?" The usually response isn't "no, I'll GOOGLE it" it's "yeah sure, that would be helpful."

Thanks for the brilliant input though.

If someone pinged me over an 0845 number I'd think "I'd better check the rate on that before I call it"

You'll be telling me next that you called if from a mobile :rolleyes:

You're very welcome on the input front :thumb2

When I worked for a living, my job was to advise daft people not to do stupid things, so this thread has brought back some funny memories for which I thank you :D

Try IAM Surety, generally they will match any other quote and give business cover as standard, I paid £95 fully comp for my 2014 GS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys, has anyone got any recommendations for insurance company's? my 2012 TC is up for renewal! had a few quotes so far, Bennetts £212, MCE £195, BMW £223. Are there any benefits with the BMW insurance? I want proper cover so not really bothered for the cheapest.

Have you tried us for insurance yet? Club members can receive up to 15% discount through us. If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Jamie

Thanks guys still sifting through policy's to make sure got right cover! will update when chosen.

I've used BMW Insurance a couple of times and there are some good aspects of the cover provided. The big downside for me was that it is brokered by Devitts who are a complete pain to deal with. I had real struggles when I changed bike and moved house and they cocked up just about everything it's possible with what should have been straightforward mid-term changes (which you'll pay through the nose for). In a word - AVOID. Try LV, i've found them refreshingly easy to deal with, good value and excellent levels of cover for accessories, clothing etc.
What Great Scot said rings true with me too. I'm with LV and they charged me £191 and didnt bat an eyelid when i told them the bike was not kept at home, rather that it was in a garage about 2 or 3 miles away. I also get the ADDED bonus that i get a discount for HM government/civil service too.

Back
Top Bottom