I only went in for a coffee

Clifton, both my GL1800 Wing and my F6 Custom went to a new home in Englandshire, the Harley has arrived and very nice it is too. Att made a good point about having it delivered but the bastards from the council have been out in their new gritter throwing salt all over the roads were I live so it had to be done......

Clifton, both my GL1800 Wing and my F6 Custom went to a new home in Englandshire, the Harley has arrived and very nice it is too. Att made a good point about having it delivered but the bastards from the council have been out in their new gritter throwing salt all over the roads were I live so it had to be done......

Yer bang on, the grit liquidises a Harley!
Enjoy your new bike:beerjug:

Interesting switch from GW to Fatboy. Same here about the roads. It was almost 70 degrees so I was just out for a nice ride and now have to wash the brine off as soon as it cools off.

Clifton, My GL 1800 was my fourth Wing and I have great affection for them, I was one of the founding members of Alba Wings in Scotland and probably covered more than 80K miles on my Gold Wing's over the years, the 1800 is a great bike, fantastic comfort and effortless mile munching for anybody who wants to tour and cover big miles but my days of bike adventures and foreign adventures on two wheels are over.

I've got an Africa Twin which I rate as a very good bike so I reckon the AT and the new Fat boy will compliment each other and cover all basis, time will tell I suppose......

Yeah it's hard to beat an 1800 Gold Wing as a heavy tourer and for passenger comfort. I had one when they first came out, 2000 I believe. It worked well and the wife loved it, I never really found it to be that comfortable for me though. I felt scrunched up too far forward and the riders seat seemed too shallow, or maybe not deep enough with little thigh support is a better description. Wonderful engine and chassis but the front suspension was pretty harsh on mine.

A Harley and Africa Twin are two great bikes to have in the stable!

Back
Top Bottom